Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

So after a little help from an amazing tutorial I found I have come up with this! My first full model made in Blender.

http://i.imgur.com/QIuSZpL.png

http://i.imgur.com/98KduKW.png

o is it possible to import a KSP part model, or an entire craft into blender?

If you have a comp as fast as Rareden then yes, you're going to need 3D's Max and Ninja Ripper

If you have a comp as fast as Rareden then yes, you're going to need 3D's Max and Ninja Ripper

I don't know how fast rardens pc is. The picture of a mug the sampling was set to "270" and took about 13 minutes to render if that helps any. :P

I made a part of my house, it is in version 4. Please tell me how it looks, it is rendered in Cycles, and my first attempt at a good model. (Please don't mind the artifacts of the image)

Version 1

xsAuuoR.png

Version 2

NIZKp78.png

Version 3

etARv7n.png

Version 4 (Now with outdoor material!)

bo5Sevl.png

Edited by TheCanadianVendingMachine

I made a part of my house, it is in version 4. Please tell me how it looks, it is rendered in Cycles, and my first attempt at a good model. (Please don't mind the artifacts of the image)

<mega snip>

It's looking better, I'd suggest adding a very light displacement texture to the walls, just to make it look not so flat.

Guys, we need some more activity on this thread!

Oh i know!

how about, someone picks a random object, and we all model, texture, and render it and compare results!

PS: next guy after me picks it

Edited by rewdew2

Ah... uh... dang. I should learn to model...

Oh wait... can anyone here tell the difference between a render and picture?... No? TO THE STORE FOR A POTATO!

EDIT: GOT ONE!

Isn't it beautiful? Trust me, I made it all myself.

No no NO. WRONG! Not Potatohead.

PO-TA-TO!!

351394541-lord-of-the-rings-potato.1247412031.gif

:D

I know this is for show casing your renders but... I know how to make and animate a planet with a moon. Can someone message me, or link me to a good tutorial to make the moon orbit the planet and possibly crash into it?

Also, if it is an animation what does it export as since it is not a still image? Thanks

EDIT: Here is what I have so far for the parent planet. This is my first renderr in Blender without using a tutorial. In other words its REALLY REALLY crappy

8qBQQd6.png

EDIT: Again, I have the moon added but it needs cleaned up a bit. Mostly I need to fix that bit of water shadow at the bottom corner of the planet.

YxZHdsM.png

EDIT: Again again, Last one,

p15dKfb.png

EDIT: the fourth edit... But I think I'm done, what do you guys think?

wapjBxn.png

Edited by 7499275

Here's a work in progress: Mimas!

snip

I'm still adding more craters to the surface, but I'm quite pleased with its appearance so far!

Ok I'm curious, how did you make the craters and the texture? I could really use some advice to improve my crappy little planet :P

Ok I'm curious, how did you make the craters and the texture? I could really use some advice to improve my crappy little planet :P

It's actually not as advanced as it might look. I was quite surprised by the result myself. :P

The diffuse map is really rather ugly - just a mess of blurry colours. Most of the model's appearance comes from a displacement map that I applied to an ordinary sphere (it's also pretty ugly on its own).

I simply used the cloud and noise filters in Photoshop to give the sphere a generally rough appearance, and then I just kept adding more or less dark, blurred circles (sometimes with brighter edges) to give it craters and other surface features. It's quite a demanding (not to mention tedious) process. Had to restart 3DS Max several times. :P

Edited by Felsmak

If we're just posting any old thing I guess I can show the things I used to do before I started doing this stuff for a living. Hover over the gear icon in the top right of the imgur frame and view them in full resolution if you want to be able to see everything.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

1. This one I made during my late college years. It was a 3 day project for a class I can't quite remember anymore. It's one of the only things from college that I did that I still have.

2. This one came a couple of years later, after the 2nd Transformers movie came out. I didn't feel I had the patience to do a full model of Bumblebee, so I made a low-res version. It got popular enough that it received a daily devation on DeviantArt.

3. I made this one after the Bumblebee. While I didn't feel like I could do a hi-res version of Bumblebee, I still wanted to do the car. Tis a sexy car, and I believe I got the perfect angle to show off its curves.

4. Ok, well I caved and started building the hi-res version. This was Bumblebee's foot, or rather the first iteration of it. It was very choppy work, and I went back and redid most of the pieces.

5. Remember how I said I redid most of the pieces? Well now you can see. I'm pretty sure I changed every piece on the feet(around 50 objects per foot, if memory serves), and it looked a lot nicer, and a lot more like the movie version.

6. A few days after the previous picture I took these, showing off the progress I was making on the legs. I made some minor changes to the feet, too.

7. This, unfortunately, was the last update. I had gotten a job in my field and wasn't able to continue. Sadly I lost the project files, and haven't really had the desire to go back to it. The final part count(per leg/foot) was over 100. Polycount was nearing the 100k range(per leg/foot), and it looks a bit like a vacuum cleaner from those views. Still, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish before I quit.

Those were really the last things that I did outside of a few things for KSP, which are visible on the forums anyway. Most of my time is spent doing things that I can't share.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.