Feanor Rocketry - NEW 0.5 Stock pack released!

feanor

I\'d be interested in peope posting pictures of their KSP builds!

And yeah, the air-launched ICBM is always nice. knew about it for quite a while, but never came around to building it - I guess i need to reinstall C7\'s parts.

Did a bit of work on my the drop tanks today - finished the decoupler mesh + cfg, it just needs a texture.

I think I might add some more mesh-doodles to the drop tank, but it\'s collider is finished atleast. Perhaps an adapter for a nice gimbal engine on the bottom / some sort of adapter for when you want to stack these ( yes, that\'s possible as well! )

did a quick-n-dirty UV map for a quick peek at how nice it fits: ( textures certainly not final! )

-the line in the middle with the tiny overlap is the border.

SYLuG.jpg

-not visible at all ingame!

nihhq.jpg

qFR3c.jpg

I kind of feel like making an enormous cargo aircraft to see if its possible to air-launch an ICBM.

Because Tom Clancy :3

Wellll....

After editing only one part ( to open a parachute at 15000m...)

These screenshots make me feel like I should be stroking a white cat in my volcano lair...

GM7n8.jpg

E5Uv3.jpg

k1bqs.jpg

uhI2M.jpg

How much room is there between the droptanks and the center stack? Is there enough of a gap in the collider mesh for, say, the KW Challenger 1m RCS blocks?

They fit just fine.

Also, I made a lower profile version - also seamless, also stackable. This should provide for a lot of flexibility.

Again, dont mind the textures yet - they\'ll be made fitting with all the other parts in the upper stages pack.

View from above - both standard RCS thrusters and the one from KW challenger.

otttH.jpg

View from the same flight, to to the side. Both sets of thrusters completely hidden but totally functional.

dbnXi.jpg

They fit just fine.

Also, I made a lower profile version - also seamless, also stackable. This should provide for a lot of flexibility.

Again, dont mind the textures yet - they\'ll be made fitting with all the other parts in the upper stages pack.

View from above - both standard RCS thrusters and the one from KW challenger.

otttH.jpg

View from the same flight, to to the side. Both sets of thrusters completely hidden but totally functional.

dbnXi.jpg

Looks pretty awesome. I can\'t wait to put these on my Mun lander!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, any update on progress of the droptanks so far? I was quite looking forward to those, and I\'ve not heard anything in a while...

My uni workload picked up a bit - i\'ll make an update post within the next few days, ideally tomorrow or sunday. Thanks for the interest - i\'ll get going again!

My uni workload picked up a bit - i\'ll make an update post within the next few days, ideally tomorrow or sunday. Thanks for the interest - i\'ll get going again!

Hey, don\'t let me pull you away from your work; it\'s more important than some guy on the forums...

• 2 weeks later...

Since we now have a great Gemini spacecraft, maybe you\'d consider making a 1.75m Titan II ICBM? Could be a both good addition to Kerbal arsenal and a launch vehicle for Gemini.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to drop a small post saying yes, I am still alive- thanks for the messages! - i\'ll get a bit of work done in the coming days, and then finally release and update some new stuff.

Yay! and with MechJeb, we can now make Pinpoint (or damn closed to it) Strik- I mean landings! you know, for the fully arm- I mean dummy warheads! Landing sites for test Warheads!