My 100% stock Munar Orbiter

I finally made a successful Munar Orbit today! Yay! Using this spacecraft:

k4cq9z.png

I realize that most of you already did that within a day or two of the last KSP release, but I don\'t get to play this game as often as I\'d like (usually about 2-3 hours per week), so this is a big deal for me.

I\'ve downloaded some of the mod packs containing parts kits, and while the parts are great, I find myself much happier with rockets made of stock parts.

Here\'s the big moment when I achieved Munar orbit:

aw4x91.png

And here I refined it a bit with a little bit of thrusting.

vh3qs6.png

Attached is my Orbiter. Any comments you have on it are welcome. I find that it has more than enough fuel to insert into Munar orbit, and hypothetically return to Kearth (I didn\'t return to Kearth this time - Jeb insisted on a Munar landing - the boys came in low and fast and plowed into hard Munar dirt).

I find that my orbits tend to be too elliptical, but I think that\'s more of an indictment of my poor piloting skills than of my rocket design. I\'ll get better with practice I suppose.

Cheers

Downloaded the .craft file, but for me it collapses under its own weight on the launch pad. Needs more struts!

Thank you though for posting a 'stock' rocket - I don\'t want to be bothered with downloading modified parts until KSP has become more version-stable, but that\'s just me.

@happy_trauma

The first time I use your rocket it launches just fine. After I crash and try to relaunch, it collapses on the pad, even if I go back into the Vehicle Assembly Building first. This happens with some of my own rockets, but usually a trip to the VAB 'refreshes' the rocket enough so that it will stay together.

I am using the latest version of KSP, but on a Mac, which should not make a difference!

When I have time I\'ll try to add some more bracing struts and see if that helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.