What can counter Laser weapons?

WestAir

I said V/C=1, because C and V are the same; that applies whatever value they have.

It's not 'undefined' or zero.

Well, it jsut happens that "V/C" looks like "V and C" and would thus screw up everything you're trying to prove. Then I correlated it with the equation.

Now, where'd he get the one?

BTW, do you know what undefined is? Where'd you get your math taught?

Now, where'd he get the one?

He in turn ultimately derived it from Maxwell's equations, but that's not really relevant here. Special relativity is accepted fact with huge amounts of evidence behind it-if you don't believe that, just try and derive your figure for the energy required to acclerate a proton a few pages back using classical kinetic energy equations.

BTW, do you know what undefined is? Where'd you get your math taught?

It does have a defined value. I'm just not saying what it is because I want to work out at least one thing by yourself here, however small.

Photons do not have mass, despite having momentum.

Two variables can equal each other.

Earth's magnetic field will not render lasers ineffective weapons by changing the trajectories of their beams.

Please cite your sources, otherwise I will not accept any of these (save those proven)

He in turn ultimately derived it from Maxwell's equations, but that's not really relevant here. Special relativity is accepted fact with huge amounts of evidence behind it-if you don't believe that, just try and derive your figure for the energy required to acclerate a proton a few pages back using classical kinetic energy equations.

It does have a defined value. I'm just not saying what it is because I want to work out at least one thing by yourself here, however small.

So, some theory that has "proof" in the form of smidges is widely accepted? Explain, please.

And you can't multiply anything by zero to get the numerator in such a situation.

Geostationary Sattelites have to adjust their atomic clocks's rate due to relativistic effects. Also gravitational lensing can be observed with the Sun. Stars seem to shift their position when the line of sight between someone on Earth and that star runs close by the Sun, coincidentally so by EXACTLY as much as Einstein predicted.

More

A_Horseshoe_Einstein_Ring_from_Hubble.JPG

Gravitational Lensing

Gravitational-lensing-Abell-383-Hubble-1024x728.jpg

Edited by SargeRho

Geostationary Sattelites have to adjust their atomic clocks's rate due to relativistic effects. Also gravitational lensing can be observed with the Sun. Stars seem to shift their position when the line of sight between someone on Earth and that star runs close by the Sun, coincidentally so by EXACTLY as much as Einstein predicted.

More

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/A_Horseshoe_Einstein_Ring_from_Hubble.JPG

Gravitational Lensing

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/files/2011/04/Gravitational-lensing-Abell-383-Hubble-1024x728.jpg

That still doesn't explain how he got his equations. And it could be caused by YET another theory. It's happened before, and WILL happen again.

So, some theory that has "proof" in the form of smidges is widely accepted? Explain, please.

It is if nobody has a better explanation, as was the case with maxwell's equations, but that's not really necessary here. There are plenty of tests that have been done to show relativistic effects, such as every single high-energy particle accelerator run since the 20s. Plenty of activities are sensitive enough we even have to precisely account for relativistic effects; for example it's possible to measurably render an atomic clock out of sync just by sending it on a plane journey.

And you can't multiply anything by zero to get the numerator in such a situation.

You can. There is a value you can multiply by zero to get a real value (in fact any real value), just not a specific one.

Are you seriously arguing that you can't have two variables with the same value?

Nor divide by zero. Anything times zero = zero. Unless you "say" infinity.

But infinity is zero.

As all numbers added are zero.

Zero is everything.

What IS your claim, after all? That Einstein and everyone else were wrong?

MY claim?

Photons have mass.

It's possible Einstein was wrong, like EVERY, OTHER, THEORY.

And the math of Einstein in that equation is complete and utter bull.

Then why have we failed to accelerate massive particles above the speed of light? After all, we've been able to hit 'nearly' the speed of light since the '40s.

Now that we went through that, what is all (real) numbers added together?

That's not how infinity is defined.

MY claim?

Photons have mass.

It's possible Einstein was wrong, like EVERY, OTHER, THEORY.

Ok, pretty sure you're just trolling now. See ya! :cool:

Then why have we failed to accelerate massive particles above the speed of light? After all, we've been able to hit 'nearly' the speed of light since the '40s.

That's not how infinity is defined.

Limits to power. We need better superconductors!

Then how is infinity defined, HMM?

Perhaps we need a new definition.....

Then how is infinity defined, HMM?

Perhaps we need a new definition.....

This isn't even remotely relevant to the point. Reality has been shown to conform to the equation to the limits of measurement, you can't try and disprove the equation with inaccurate definitions your maths teacher gave you.