[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

Going through the thread again:

Ah, was going to get round to this but it has been done for me! thanks!

Pan & tilt via action groups for the current camera is the only thing I'd want - robotics mods are not really the solution if you plaster something with cameras.

Pan and tilt is being worked on.

Oh thank you, it finally works! (runs off to stick one on every rover).

Could there be another way to exit the camera view? "Esc" brings up the pause menu and shows a kind of spastic view while at it -- the original MuMech did that too, but only for an instant, as it didn't pause. Pressing C, which normally switches you out of IVA, doesn't work, and neither does V which switches between stock camera modes, both would be good candidates for exit-out-of-camera-mode key.

Next update adds the V key to switch to 3rd person view.

I'm also looking into black and white cameras, possibly heatvision and nightvision.

Going through the thread again:

Pan and tilt is being worked on.

Next update adds the V key to switch to 3rd person view.

I'm also looking into black and white cameras, possibly heatvision and nightvision.

Nice. Looking forward to the different camera options.

Hmm... I can't seem to get this working with any of the linked parts. I don't see the new parts in the part browser...

There are no parts provided with this plugin. You have to download one of the mods provided in the original post, right below where it says:

This plugin works with parts from (make sure you don't use MuMechlib.dll):

I have a custom part modeled and skinned that will be included with this plugin provided Albert VDS approves it.

There are no parts provided with this plugin. You have to download one of the mods provided in the original post, right below where it says:

This plugin works with parts from (make sure you don't use MuMechlib.dll):

I have a custom part modeled and skinned that will be included with this plugin provided Albert VDS approves it.

I finished the camera. Here's a screenshot of the KerbPro. The orientation of the lens is the orientation of the view too so it's not centered. Had a blast using it with the robotic parts.

rzo3lr21zfp31bkfg.jpg?size_id=5

Hay guys, I was intending to make a camera pack with all the famous (but Kerbalized) space cameras like the Hasselblads, Canons, IMAX, vidicon tubes and CCTV hullcameras (like those used on shuttle, similar to yours albeit in an aerodynamic housing), that were used throughout history.

They would all have different functions, some could be used as EVA cameras (Hasselblads), some as hull, some would have giant zoom capabilities some not, depending on the lens.. I was also intending it to have a screenshot system like BOSS, and if it would be possible to add some effects (more contrast, different color balance etc.) to look like the real Hasselblads that'd be amazing.

I am pretty busy with the Kerbal City community Project and KASPAR at the moment, but would love to make the models one day.

Edited by nothke

Hay guys, I was intending to make a camera pack with all the famous (but Kerbalized) space cameras like the Hasselblads, Canons, IMAX, vidicon tubes and CCTV hullcameras (like those used on shuttle, similar to yours albeit in an aerodynamic housing), that were used throughout history.

They would all have different functions, some could be used as EVA cameras (Hasselblads), some as hull, some would have giant zoom capabilities some not, depending on the lens.. I was also intending it to have a screenshot system like BOSS, and if it would be possible to add some effects (more contrast, different color balance etc.) to look like the real Hasselblads that'd be amazing.

I am pretty busy with the Kerbal City community Project and KASPAR at the moment, but would love to make the models one day.

Heck when you finish those I'd love to see that camera pack become a reality!

I finished the camera. Here's a screenshot of the KerbPro. The orientation of the lens is the orientation of the view too so it's not centered. Had a blast using it with the robotic parts.

rzo3lr21zfp31bkfg.jpg?size_id=5

Is that a KerbPro 3: Black Edition? Nice!

While those camera models are nice, I would love to also see a model that would not pretend to be a converted point-and-shoot, though....

The whole point of me making that camera was a tongue in cheek nod to the gopro cameras since they pretty much hook those cameras up to almost anything. Including rockets

While those camera models are nice, I would love to also see a model that would not pretend to be a converted point-and-shoot, though....

Same... there's a variety of camera models out there, but they all seem to be based on handhelds.

Hey guys, some time ago I made my own model as can be seen here: KerbonTech Hullcam

It was my first KSP model so it's a bit weird, but it's been so long I don't even know if I could repair it. Download link

I'll just put this here again and plug my own model ;) - the model is made to look aerodynamic instead of a point and shoot camera.

aEjptzQ.jpg

Edited by Ledenko

I'll just put this here again and plug my own model ;) - the model is made to look aerodynamic instead of a point and shoot camera.

aEjptzQ.jpg

Nice one. *grabs*

The particular kind of camera I would want to see the most, though, is the kind of camera that has an integrated up-down robotics servo. AFAIK, you can't have more than one servo per part, but there shouldn't be any problem having a camera be part of a model that is also a servo, and as long as it has a mounting node on the bottom and fits on a rotatron, it's an ideal rover camera.

Nice one. *grabs*

The particular kind of camera I would want to see the most, though, is the kind of camera that has an integrated up-down robotics servo. AFAIK, you can't have more than one servo per part, but there shouldn't be any problem having a camera be part of a model that is also a servo, and as long as it has a mounting node on the bottom and fits on a rotatron, it's an ideal rover camera.

That one actually works fine on a hinge, on a rotatron, on an extending rail! There's no reason you can't have multiple of the robotic parts attached.

Very nice!

There's the Lazor Cam with both azimuth and elevation control, but it only gives you a small viewing window rather than going full-screen (at least, it was like that the last time I used it, which has been a while).

banner_lazorgcam.jpg

problem with the lazor cam though is it comes with all the overhead of Lazor itself. which does things I don't always want - it nukes the launch clamps on launch (for reasons of its own)

that said, I do prefer having it as a separate window onscreen. if someone could fork out the camera code for it from Lazor, it would be much appreciated

problem with the lazor cam though is it comes with all the overhead of Lazor itself. which does things I don't always want - it nukes the launch clamps on launch (for reasons of its own)

that said, I do prefer having it as a separate window onscreen. if someone could fork out the camera code for it from Lazor, it would be much appreciated

Yes, but make the window truly realizable all the way up too fullscreen.