Controlling engine throttle individually

The question is in the title. Now It's not that I can't live without this, i could force myself to do a workaround but currently I can only control the same throttle of all engines that are active. But in a cluster of engines where one of them is overheating, i'd like to lower the throttle of that single engine only, leaving rest at full throttle. So Is this possible? Maybe with mods? This isn't the first time I needed this and it's probably no the last one.

Edited by iaureee

You could set up an action group that selectively toggles the engine in question on and off, but there's no way to set the throttle individually.

Yeah I am completely aware of the action groups, if only it was possible to control engines like a solid booster trough that. It'd be nice if someone could post that mod here. I've found this but it's outdated and seems to be for working with SAS and vtols.

Tried re installing several times in different ways. Still doesn't work. The mod is probably outdated or I'm stupid.

Hello I'm actually the maker of this mod and the mod is up to date to 21. Installation should be pretty straightforward.

-download zip

-unzip

-place the folder in the Gamedata of the download in the Gamedata folder of the game

-add the part "differential thrust module" to your craft. You can find it under the control tab

-right click on the part an press "TC systems" in the menu and the module should become active.

There is a manual in the download explaining the functions.

(Just tried a clean install of the latest update just to be sure, had no issues so let me know whats going wrong)

Hello I'm actually the maker of this mod and the mod is up to date to 21. Installation should be pretty straightforward.

-download zip

-unzip

-place the folder in the Gamedata of the download in the Gamedata folder of the game

-add the part "differential thrust module" to your craft. You can find it under the control tab

-right click on the part an press "TC systems" in the menu and the module should become active.

There is a manual in the download explaining the functions.

(Just tried a clean install of the latest update just to be sure, had no issues so let me know whats going wrong)

Thank you, I was indeed stupid. It was installed correctly but I simply was not aware that I had to put an additional part from this mod, in the manual it is said to click on the part (i guessed it was the engine) and select TC systems.

Thank you, I was indeed stupid. It was installed correctly but I simply was not aware that I had to put an additional part from this mod, in the manual it is said to click on the part (i guessed it was the engine) and select TC systems.

It isn't clearly mentioned anywhere you need a part so thank you for your feedback. I already added an extra line in the manual for the next update.

The devs could add a action group for this. "toggle throttle". Would be useful for spaceshuttle designs and similar where you might need to throttle up or down during the ascent of CG moves a bit on just some engines.

Would be nice with some "look" action and maybe some option to toggle the engine off and on but when ON it give full trust so its not only activated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.