sas should return to where you originally told it to stop,

not just where the dampening mode feels it should.

flying in ksp has become more like flying without asas was before than it has become a "smoother" asas.

to keep a decent course i need to do ajustments ALL the time, even after it enters the "locked" mode.

it would really be nice if we could get some more accurate sas going, not just smooth sas.

i'ts also weak, but thats not the point of this post

not just where the dampening mode feels it should.

flying in ksp has become more like flying without asas was before than it has become a "smoother" asas.

to keep a decent course i need to do ajustments ALL the time, even after it enters the "locked" mode.

it would really be nice if we could get some more accurate sas going, not just smooth sas.

i'ts also weak, but thats not the point of this post

Whe had that discussion before with C7 we where talking about of any chance he would put a new ASAS mode in that would return back to it's original state you activated it.

Whe had that discussion before with C7 we where talking about of any chance he would put a new ASAS mode in that would return back to it's original state you activated it.

Or make it do what it's supposed to (which seems to only work when the capsule is by itself), which is lock the vessel on the position the pilot wants, instead of wanting to face XYZ vector.

[sas should return to where you originally told it to stop,] not just where the dampening mode feels it should.
I saw/read several posts like these, and I always get the mental image of that customer from NotAlwaysRight in my mind, who is shouting "but you should have known I meant 'small' when I said 'large'!"

There are reasons for SAS behaving in a given way. One of these reasons is that SAS has no way of telling where you want it to point - only what the input levels are telling it. Since input in KSP is a virtual stick, SAS has to wait until the input level returns to zero, which might take a sizeable fraction of a second, especially in fine controls mode.

I know that SAS does have bugs, as any computer program is prone to, and the resulting behavior does indeed require fixing. The key, in my mind, is remembering that it is, after all, just a computer program. It has its own way of working, and it can only respond to what you're doing. Reading your intentions is beyond its capability - don't expect it to. ;)

(not meant to be directed at the OP specifically, just something I've noticed across some similar complaints)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.