I have an idea to make the asteroid belt more interesting

I know asking for more planets is in the do-not suggest list but this is a fairly specific description of a planet I'd like too see in the asteroid belt.

Name: muyo

Size: 530km

Atmo: 8km thick and is a pale pink (very pale)

Land: brown-orange, with stripes of white running from south to north (not perfect stripes, they can brake up and vary in width)

Rotation: 5 hours

Orbit: slightly smaller then dres and Incined 3 degrees

moons:

Name: juykin

Size: 100km

Atmosphere: N/A

Land:like Minmus, but tinted lime

Rotation: 1.2 times orbital period ( a bit like Venus but more extreme)

Orbit: about 2,250,000m and fairly inclined and eccentric.

Name: Reno

Size: 245km

Atmosphere: 500m high and invisible

Land: yellow, with it slowly fading into pale green on the far side with lots of craters and only a few on the yellow side

Rotation: 1.5 hours

Orbit: retrograde (I've always wanted a retrograde planet/moon) inclined 178 degrees and nearly circular

At and altitude of 14,000,000m

Any way that's just my thoughts on a new dwarf planet in the asteroid belt.

EDIT: 100 posts!

Well, I hope you know that Kerbin only has a diameter of 600 km. So your dwarf planet is no dwarf... And the Do Not Suggest list mentions new stars, planets, moons and asteroids. But then most of the Do Not Suggest things tend to apply to generalities, so I will definitely defer to someone of greater experience on that front!

However, a nicely-populated asteroid belt is something I can get behind.

stuff

I know it's a bit large, but I was going for a large Duna with 2 Ikes, I mean one large moon is good, but it leaves the rest of the sky quite empty, and I'm tired of every large moon being tidally locked ( the mun, Ike, laythe, Vall, tylo are all tidally locked). And yes. I know kerbins diameter is 600km, but I didn't want it to be too unrealistic in the respect of every thing being tidally locked to every thing

I know it's a bit large, but I was going for a large Duna with 2 Ikes, I mean one large moon is good, but it leaves the rest of the sky quite empty, and I'm tired of every large moon being tidally locked ( the mun, Ike, laythe, Vall, tylo are all tidally locked). And yes. I know kerbins diameter is 600km, but I didn't want it to be too unrealistic in the respect of every thing being tidally locked to every thing

A large Duna is not a dwarf planet.

A large Duna is not a dwarf planet.

Sorry I thought this was a dwarf planet's definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_planet

You know, an object that is roughly spherical, in direct orbit of the sun AND HAS CLEARED IT'S ORBITAL PATH,

And since the last one has failed (it crosses dresis orbit) it isn't a planet

SIZE DOESN'T DIRECTLY EFFECT THE DEFINITION OF A PLANET

Sorry I thought this was a dwarf planet's definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_planet

You know, an object that is roughly spherical, in direct orbit of the sun AND HAS CLEARED IT'S ORBITAL PATH,

And since the last one has failed (it crosses dresis orbit) it isn't a planet

SIZE DOESN'T DIRECTLY EFFECT THE DEFINITION OF A PLANET

true but a planet that has cleared its area would have to be of some significat size.

I only know basic orbital mechanics...what does that mean?

Orbital resonance means that their orbits are synchronized, so their relative positions periodically return to the same position. A 5:7 orbital resonance means that for every five orbits the first planet makes, the other makes seven. So if you pick a point in time and note the relative positions of the two planets along their orbits, and wait for five orbits of planet A or seven orbits of planet B, they will have returned to the same relative position. If their orbits intersect, orbital resonance means that they will never smash into each other. (Or that they will smash into each other very quickly, but obviously that can only happen once!)

I know asking for more planets is in the do-not suggest list but this is a fairly specific description of a planet I'd like too see in the asteroid belt.

Name: muyo

Size: 530km

Atmo: 8km thick and is a pale pink (very pale)

Land: brown-orange, with stripes of white running from south to north (not perfect stripes, they can brake up and vary in width)

Rotation: 5 hours

Orbit: slightly smaller then dres and Incined 3 degrees

moons:

Name: juykin

Size: 100km

Atmosphere: N/A

Land:like Minmus, but tinted lime

Rotation: 1.2 times orbital period ( a bit like Venus but more extreme)

Orbit: about 2,250,000m and fairly inclined and eccentric.

Name: Reno

Size: 245km

Atmosphere: 500m high and invisible

Land: yellow, with it slowly fading into pale green on the far side with lots of craters and only a few on the yellow side

Rotation: 1.5 hours

Orbit: retrograde (I've always wanted a retrograde planet/moon) inclined 178 degrees and nearly circular

At and altitude of 14,000,000m

Any way that's just my thoughts on a new dwarf planet in the asteroid belt.

EDIT: 100 posts!

FXXFXXFXXFXXFXX

So much fail in this post that I can't help but SHOUT THOUSANDS OF SWEARS AT ONCE!!!!!!!!!

...Do your GUNDAMN RESERCH.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.