Age Poll

Tim_Barrett

Your Age  

1,570 members have voted

1. 1. Your Age

Or worse, Christians (not to be offensive but I am meaning die hard Christians. You have the right to religion but not to shove it in someones face as truth)

I\'m a Christian and even I can\'t stand people like that. Some days they come door to door and (although we are Christian) won\'t take their foot out of the doorway until we take one of their stupid pamphlets!

Anyway 15 here. My dad introduced me to it though. I don\'t know how old he is... It seems to have spread through the middle aged who play World of Warcraft and stuff. That\'s how we got it anyway.

I\'m a Christian and even I can\'t stand people like that. Some days they come door to door and (although we are Christian) won\'t take their foot out of the doorway until we take one of their stupid pamphlets!

Anyway 15 here. My dad introduced me to it though. I don\'t know how old he is... It seems to have spread through the middle aged who play World of Warcraft and stuff. That\'s how we got it anyway.

Yes. I too am a Christian, and a real Christian doesn\'t shove it in your face.

So they\'re what, fake Christians?

What I\'m saying is that we should not force you to convert. We can believe that you should, and we can try to tell you about it, but it\'s ultimately your choice. I am sorry for anyone who has encountered a Christian that pestered them about converting.

I too am a Christian, and one who has done doorknocking.

It\'s a hard thing to do. And if you\'re a jerk, you risk upsetting everyone.

Sadly, there are plenty of Christians who ARE jerks about it.

How to doorknock without being a jerk

* Low pressure - if someone wants to talk, talk. If not there\'s always someone who does somewhere else.

* It\'s better to hand out literature for an event (or better yet, a genuine, no-strings-attached gift! We give out flowers for Mothers\' day) than to just go 'Hey, you want to talk about your immortal soul?'

* Always ask yourself what would offend YOU, and then don\'t do that! Now, people are different and you might still accidentally offend someone; but you cut down the odds.

* Sense of humour. Sometimes, even if you do everything right and take pains to avoid being offensive, some people will get grumpy about you. Laugh it off, and don\'t tell the Youth Group to toilet paper their lawn. Maybe they\'re just having a bad day.

Religion is like a penis. It\'s fine to have one and enjoy it by yourself or with people you trust, but don\'t talk about it in public, don\'t flaunt it, and whatever you do, don\'t go sticking it down strangers\' throats!

Saaur: AND -

* If you don\'t have one you\'re not a complete man

* Without it, humanity is doomed

* It\'s not necessary to discuss it to know that it\'s there

* If used correctly it\'s one of the best things you can possibly have

:D

Saaur: AND -

* If you don\'t have one you\'re not a complete man

* Without it, humanity is doomed

* It\'s not necessary to discuss it to know that it\'s there

* If used correctly it\'s one of the best things you can possibly have

:D

I\'m not saying I don\'t believe in God or anything. But I don\'t think you should go around saying people that don\'t have a religion aren\'t a whole man. Also, religion has caused a lot of problems in the world.

I think this game has kind of found the Holy Grail - enough tactics/strategy to appeal to us old timers with infinite patience, and enough action to appeal to the young.

(And no, the two aren\'t always mutually exclusive. Just usually. ;P)

Pssh.

I was flying F-16s and landing them upside down when I was three on my dad\'s Amiga.

That\'s not Microsoft Flight Sim is it? Although it was kind of fun weaving through skyscrapers in some city and finding to my great amusement that the plane bounces.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.