Future Base Modules!

So today, I was playing ksp, just continuing my base, and I found out that the modules are pretty *useless* .

I though that we should have a thread, that suggests what base modules SHOULD be in the very close future, now if you asked me about 0.22, I would say I want Mining ( other than this I would have no point to go far.. ) and more PARTS! now not rocket parts, but for ground-based modules, like a special modules for them. go ahead and suggest for:

What it's usage?

why?

suitable for both non-atmospheric planets and atmospheric plants?

I would like to see a zero-g pod where my Kerbals float around and bump into each other and throw up and stuff.

It's usage is to create lols.

It's reason is because it's funny.

Only suitable for zero g.

Anchor module.

Usage:Anchoring base parts to the ground properly, much like the launch clamps, but can be attached to any solid terrain .

Why:Reduces the likelihood of you/KSP physics knocking your base over.

Atmospheric/airless: Both!

A horizontally-oriented base module, like the hitchhiker can. Only so the kerbals aren't sat at odd angles on the floor and ceiling when you make it into a rover.

Hitchhiker cans with Rockomax nodes for less wobble. And maybe lugs in the middle to attach struts to.

Unlike the launch clamps, a base anchor should completely disable physics on whatever it's attached to.

Agreed. I'd like to see landing legs that do that (maybe all landing legs, honestly, unless someone can offer a reason why not). While we are at it, make them adjustable in height so you can align them with other base modules on uneven terrain.

And with that in mind, I'd like to see an extendable, flexible docking adapter to link base moduels with a flexible tunnel.

Actually, I don't think any clamps or legs should completely disable physics on what they're attached to. On any celestial bodies with an atmosphere, if they implemented nasty weather it could be fun. Your base on Random_Kerbol_Planetoid_01 is bashed by a powerful storm and suddenly your brave Kerbals face a life or death situation. If they can't repair it themselves, a rescue mission from Kerbin must be mounted.

Seems pretty out there, I know, and likely faaaaaaaar from the minds of the devs, but hey, we're just dreaming and speculation, right? :)

It's surely much easier for them to just lock things down :P

Wheel modules for space stations... You know that spin to create gravity for those inside.

Hydroponics modules of varying types for all gravities.

Launch pads. Mini VABs. Science labs. Observatories. Communications towers.

... related... but unlikely to ever happen...

Deformable terrain. So I can have a tractor or something go out and level an area to prepare it for a Base... or an excavator dig into the side of a crater for a buried base...

We'll probably get a little labratory, habitation something and other such parts. I wouldn't expect them to be too big or extravagant, but we're going to need more sciency bits and since manned science missions(especially those that return with their data) will yield much more progress than probes or beaming that data back, we'll have to have some interesting things to make setting up those bases fun and customizable.

Though I'm not so certain that those things would be in .22 though perhaps .23 or something. I can imagine .22 being a lot of the groundwork, making the current science parts and communications equipment functional then adding more parts in the next patch...or even a patch after that. Then again, they might need to add a handful of parts or more in .22 in order to fill out the tech tree....so who knows :o

Personally I'd like to see base modules with different IVA interiors. One with beds/living utilities, one with computers and scientific modules, one with communications, storage, hydroponics, resources, etc... It'd be awesome for them to actually have an in-game function as well!

Personally I'd like to see base modules with different IVA interiors. One with beds/living utilities, one with computers and scientific modules, one with communications, storage, hydroponics, resources, etc... It'd be awesome for them to actually have an in-game function as well!

They've said it before that we'll be able to move about between parts using hatches and things in IVA. Right now, our IVA is the simplest implementation of it where every kerbal is stationary. I can't wait until we'll be able to take off our helmet and float about a space station or duna base or whatever else people create :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.