The Weekly Newspaper

I read somewhere that the Devs are planning to add cities and static buildings to the game that would just sit on Kerbin. I love this idea, especially because It adds the element of care to where you fly/release stagings. I think it would be a really good idea if you could select the cities from the tracking station view and zoom in on them, so you could see the little Kerbals living there. There wouldn't be much if at all in the way of city interaction (you're a space program, not a government), but I do know something that should be there:

A newspaper.

If you selected a city from the tracking station, you would be able to open a window which would show you the front page of the week's newspaper. The headlines would reflect important achievements you had made in space, for example "first Kerbals on Minmus! Jeb comments: 'Cold!'", as well as things like rising gas prices that would affect gameplay. It would just be a fun little touch that would be reasonably easy to add.

thanks for your consideration

fenderzilla

yeah.

The best would be to have tabloids,even if there is only the headlines;this will permit some "shocking" revelation such as:

"explosions,can they be dangerous?"

"<<The minmus landing was a fake>>quote from source involved in the space program>>"

"Jeb,bill and bob are favorited say an astronaut"

I don't really think it would fit the game's style. It would be a big branch from the core game. I'd prefer to see something like the museum to has been proposed several times; that relates more directly to running a space program, and is also a bit more tangible. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.