Ship seems to be powered down...but has plenty of power and fuel?

I want to know how I can power the ship up again? ...I have 6 kerbs in that thing for a base..

The ship has more than enough power and fuel to travel still..

I tried clicking on the red circles ....but those didn't turn it back on..

pics to show what I mean...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/KSP/screenshot3.jpg~original

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/KSP/screenshot2-1.jpg~original

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/KSP/screenshot0.jpg~original

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/BES12000/KSP/screenshot1.jpg~original

I looked at the wiki and didn't find anything about this.. im guessing im screwed and would have to fly another ship to it ..

Is it just me or does clicking on the zoom icon not help? The images still are so small it's impossible to see anything.

Click on the zoom icon, click on it again when the window appears to get the full size.

I'm not familiar with most of the mod parts you're using, looks like something doesn't conduct electricity from your batteries to your other parts that need power.

Has this 'stage' worked before, did you just separate it from the rest of the ship?

Office server blocks access to photobucket, so cant see what your red circles are. :P

Any ship with Kerbals in a control pod - so not the Hitchhiker module - should be controlable as long as it has power.

Are the batteries full? Solar panels extended and facing the sun? Engines engaged? (Easily seen by fuel meters next to the symbols in staging.)

What exactly are you trying to do that is not working?

Sometimes the locking out of control input still is active after leaving time warp - warp up one factor and down again and see if you can control the craft - basically the same can be achieved by reloading/switching crafts - which you probably will have done in the last 7h+ ...

It looks like you disabled all the batteries (a million charge units in an OscarB battery? really?) that have any charge left in them. That means that you can't get any power to the control capsule (which has 0 charge left), and that means that you have no control of the ship - including the fact that you can't re-enable the disabled batteries.

So yeah, you're screwed. Why did you disable all the (huge) batteries in the first place?

Only non-cheat thing I can suggest is to take another craft up and dock it (or KAS connect in docking mode if you don't have a docking port), which will allow control over the merged craft, and allow you to reenable the batteries, undock, and carry on with your voyage.

Other than that, quicksave, edit the quicksave file, add some charge back into the command pod, quickload, and use that to reenable the batteries.

Assuming those are retracted solar panels I see near the command pod, you can EVA a kerbal and extend them to begin recharging your batteries. The moment you have some charge you'll be able to re-enable those other batteries and you'll be in good shape again.

Why have cheat batteries in the first place though? Electric charge is plentiful. The only time I ran out was when I forgot to extend the panels on my first unmanned ship on its way to the Mun, and that turned into a learning adventure that involved a rescue mission and my first manual intercept

Edit: actually now I'm not sure. Surely there's at least one electric battery you didn't disable somewhere? How did you run out otherwise?

Edited by xEvilReeperx

Assuming those are retracted solar panels I see near the command pod, you can EVA a kerbal and extend them to begin recharging your batteries. The moment you have some charge you'll be able to re-enable those other batteries and you'll be in good shape again.

Why have cheat batteries in the first place though? Electric charge is plentiful. The only time I ran out was when I forgot to extend the panels on my first unmanned ship on its way to the Mun, and that turned into a learning adventure that involved a rescue mission and my first manual intercept

Edit: actually now I'm not sure. Surely there's at least one electric battery you didn't disable somewhere? How did you run out otherwise?

Because Ion engines suck the batteries completely dry even with mass solar panel spam if you mod the engine to be more powerful.

So there is no way at all to turn the ship back on? ... I flew around the whole solar system with the same/similar ship design ....solar panels as far as I know cant be opened ...they are the 4.5/sec ones ...so the ship has the power and the fuel.. I think they should let us have some sort of "power on" button some where in case this happens again..

My fault for wanting to save a bit of power ...didn't know you couldn't click on them again to turn things back on.. :-P

After im done with my moon base I guess ill got get the kerbs..they should be still alive ..even though they are orbiting the sun atm..

and yeah those ion engines are the 300 power ones ...if you put 4 on a small capsule with a few LARGE batteries you will bolt out of Kerbin atmosphere in a few seconds ...with some crazy distortion...wanted to use them to carry over 20tons ..at 18plus tons though the engines rip off the ship when turning to get into a stable orbit :-P

Try what the person above me said. As long as you have Kerbals in your pod, rescource transfer should work. Try transferring some electricpower from the Oscar-B battery to the main pod battery and all the other empty batteries, and see if that works. If you can't transfer, try right-clicking the command pod and controlling it from there.

Once you have power in your command pod and probe core by manual transfer, try turning on all the batteries again (the ones with the red circles next to the rescource amount, which i assume are blocked ones).

Most importantly, check if a transfer from the oscar-B battery to other batteries works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.