[0.23] TajamSoft Generators

tajampi

This is my very first mod for KSP. Hope it is useful and enjoyable.

This mod adds power supply generators to KSP. There are several kinds: Those using rocket fuel(LiquidFuel and Oxidizer) and those using

RCS fuel (Monopropellant). Besides, you can find several attachment modes: Inline and Radial. All units must be individually enabled using the

"right click" option menu. Actual version contains 4 generators: 3 inline using F/Ox and 1 radial using monopropellant.

Next: Intake Electric Generator

Done: 70%

--------------- Changelog ---------------------

Actual version: V 1.4

V 1.4:

- Generators now consume less fuel.

- 0.23 Compatibility!

V 1.3:

- Added all generators to Tech tree!

V 1.2:

- Added radial mounted TR-20 generator,

that uses MonoPropellant as fuel.

V. 1.1:

- Changed all part names in code for compatibility.

It's IMPORTANT then to overwrite the old version, and

to notice that all crafts made with the old one are

no more compatible with this version.

V. 1.0:

- First release.

Three inline generators.

Downloads:

Link to KSP SpacePort: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/tajamsoft-generators/

Direct Mediafire Download: https://www./?88v6wtmcwclevcf

Feedback, suggestions and comments are of course welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Renders:

0.5 m Inline Generator:

5DXxefD.png

1.25 m inline generator:

vjTinuw.png

2.5m Inline (Same as 1.25 one, but bigger)

Ingame:

2.25m Inline Generator

E4GPeNn.jpg

0.5m Inline Generator

pxace0Z.jpg

TR-20 Radial Generator

pOXMC7o.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi
New Version!

wouldn't it be more practical with the generators using monopropellant as a resource, kinda like an energy cell?

It's scheduled for the next version, including too "blutonium" generators as option... But let's see how the conventional F/Ox are working by the moment, as this is my first mod...

Thanks a lot for the comment.

Cheers!

New Version V 1.1 Changed all part names in code for compatibility. It's IMPORTANT then to overwrite the old version, and to notice that all crafts made with the old one are no more compatible with this version.

Is it possible to have a visual indication they are activated? An "on" light.

How about a version that uses LiquidFuel and IntakeAir?

Thanks for the suggestions. The Fuel and Air version could be like the APUs used in commercial jets, or the EPUs based on hydrazine (dangerous :P) used in jet fighters... Cool. The "on" light is not easy, but perhaps i could ask for permission to use some code from other modders that have developed these kind of lights... Time will say..

New Version!

Actual version: V 1.2

V 1.2:

- Added radial mounted TR-20 generator, that uses RCS MonoPropellant as fuel.

If updating from V 1.0 please note that all crafts made with the old one are no more compatible with this version due to part names change in code.

wouldn't it be more practical with the generators using monopropellant as a resource, kinda like an energy cell?

Suggestion added in actual version. Radial mount generator using RCS monopropellant. Hope you like it!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
u need to make sure to have source and a license.

Hi sidfu:

Thank you for your comment. The license is included in the downloadable zip, and the source code is the add-on itself, as it's a part add-on, no plugin needed. You can edit the files or whatever you want respecting the terms of the included license.

Cheers! :)

If you could model a small fan (and if it can rotate according to your air speed), it can be made to an ElectricCharge generator which only consumes IntakeAir, which is similar to something in the front of ECM pods equipped by electro-warfare aircrafts in RL. (these fans are to generate extra electricity for these real power-consuming ECM pods AFAIK)

If you could model a small fan (and if it can rotate according to your air speed), it can be made to an ElectricCharge generator which only consumes IntakeAir, which is similar to something in the front of ECM pods equipped by electro-warfare aircrafts in RL. (these fans are to generate extra electricity for these real power-consuming ECM pods AFAIK)

Commercial airliners are equipped with something similar in case of a total engine failure. A little fan pops out of the aircraft to provide critical power to instruments and control surfaces, so the thing can at least glide.

Seen here under the craft, just behind the main landing gear. Location may vary on different planes.

image.jpg

I am not sure you would want that on your rocket, as it causes a lot of drag. On a descending probe it could make sense though.

Commercial airliners are equipped with something similar in case of a total engine failure. A little fan pops out of the aircraft to provide critical power to instruments and control surfaces, so the thing can at least glide.

Seen here under the craft, just behind the main landing gear. Location may vary on different planes.

image.jpg

I am not sure you would want that on your rocket, as it causes a lot of drag. On a descending probe it could make sense though.

Hmm, it can still be useful for aircrafts. and if it's extendable then it wont cause lots of drag when not used, which means it can be used for command pods as an emergency power supply too. This will be useful when using some kind of life support mods which consumes electricity constantly while you are trying to land onto the dark side of some planet with atmosphere (it doesn't matter if there's oxygen inside so maybe it needs a new resource type instead of IntakeAir).

Hmm, it can still be useful for aircrafts. and if it's extendable then it wont cause lots of drag when not used, which means it can be used for command pods as an emergency power supply too. This will be useful when using some kind of life support mods which consumes electricity constantly while you are trying to land onto the dark side of some planet with atmosphere (it doesn't matter if there's oxygen inside so maybe it needs a new resource type instead of IntakeAir).

You probably never heard of APU. It's a smaller engine on the airplanes that is started first with battery power and then the APU generates enough charge for lights, crew support and to start engines and sometimes even for control surfaces. For example, Space Shuttle used power from fuel cells, but had a hidrazine (in Kerbal words, monopropellant) powered APU for powering control surfaces on descent and whenever it needed more charge.

The small fans (Ram Air Intakes) are rarely used, just as an emergency if APU fails. I'm not saying they shouldn't be added to KSP though xD

I made an APU part some time ago to test custom engine sounds so you could hear it whine like the real one. But I used the engine module (with fixed thrust) so that I could have a nice power up and power down sound.

Edited by nothke

You probably never heard of APU. It's a smaller engine on the airplanes that is started first with battery power and then the APU generates enough charge for lights, crew support and to start engines and sometimes even for control surfaces. For example, Space Shuttle used power from fuel cells, but had a hidrazine (in Kerbal words, monopropellant) powered APU for powering control surfaces on descent and whenever it needed more charge.

The small fans (Ram Air Intakes) are rarely used, just as an emergency if APU fails. I'm not saying they shouldn't be added to KSP though xD

Like I stated, it is used in emergencies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.