"circular" build menus

After installing a few mods, the tabs of the build menu can easily grow to several pages.

At the first page of the tab, I can only click forward to the next page. When I have a part at page6 it takes a lot of clicks to reach that.

Would it be possible to make it possible to click "previous" at page1 and reach the last page that way in 1 click? :D

disclaimer: I did not check the entire suggestions and development section to see this has been suggested before. If so, Never mind.

I think a different system for selecting parts should be used all together.

I like the way garry's mod did it, a spawn screen. Where you get the all the screen space to build, then while holding q a menu shows up covering the whole screen with the parts menu. you click a part and it spawns into the world, where you get the whole screen to work again. Best way to do it, IMO.

I don't think I've seen this specifically suggested before, though it probably has been. Not recently, though, I think.

I feel like the UI is going to see a bit of an improvement at some point. Maybe even a complete redesign. I mean, a lot of things in KSP are still placeholder, so maybe the part menu is too. Either way, this would certainly be a small but largely beneficial modification to the way the UI works right now so I can dig it.

There should be scroll bar instead of pages.

No, that would be much less organized.. It's easier to find things once you figure out what page they're on, than to scroll through a long list. I don't get the modern Internet obsession with "infinite scroll" design.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.