Kerbal LEGO!

OverTheHill

Really the problem with LEGO is that its sets are depressingly overpriced. I get the feeling they judge pricing by the size of the box.

They usually base the price on how much it cost them to mould each piece of LEGO, which is why the more compact, dense sets are expensive. :confused:

But I get where you're coming from, they do overprice most of their sets. :(

Edited by OverTheHill

They usually base the price on how much it cost them to mold each piece of LEGO, which is why the more compact, dense sets are expensive. :confused:

But I get where you're coming from, they do overprice most of their sets. :(

I mean, I can understand UCS sets being fairly expensive, but come on. Nobody wants to pay $40 for a spaceship you can hold in your hand unless it's a die cast.

I remember one exelent deal I got- a huge crane with working engine (mobile crane) not from LEGO City.. but from something else.

Anyway, for $100 you got 1000 peices.

That is the Lego product category called "Lego mechanic".

That is hardcore Lego, it actually boost your virtual thinking since the parts are more complex. You can even make a moving engine and a moving rover, how cool is that? Mechanic is basically Lego for grown-ups with creativity.

I oddly agree... Also, how did you make the pics? 3D modeling or do you actually have those parts?
I think he drew them.

I made it all on a program called Lego Digital Designer, but it doesn't render the Lego very well and the lighting is pretty shabby, so I put it all through Gimp and touched it up a bit. :wink:

For those complaining about "why": A heart, you need one.

For those complaining about "10 year olds". A life, you need one.

For OverTheHill, wow! Love it! The artwork is superb!

If it helps, Lego do a curved block, some small. I can only find a large version at short notice. I am sure they do a 1 block high one too. It may help with the building to fit the Kerbal + hat in a pod.

http://www.legos.tabacaria.com.pt/ImagesParts/round/1X2roundvs01.JPG

...what

Yes, i build legos! I do it because i can do whatever i want with them! I have built a Moon base out of leogs. When you know how to build, it looks good! Mine isnt multicolored, it white! I dont "play" with them though.

For OverTheHill, wow! Love it! The artwork is superb!

If it helps, Lego do a curved block, some small. I can only find a large version at short notice. I am sure they do a 1 block high one too. It may help with the building to fit the Kerbal + hat in a pod.

http://www.legos.tabacaria.com.pt/ImagesParts/round/1X2roundvs01.JPG

Firstly, thank you so much for the compliments! :)

Secondly, I completely forgot about that block.. Atm i'm working on multiple sizes of Command Pods, but I'll try to implement the ability to keep the helmet on the Kerbal whilst its inside the pod! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.