FTL Drive MK I (MKII Pictures inside)

Nomad

I don\'t think that you need harv\'s permission to use it. I mean, you also don\'t ask Harv if you can release a parachute, right?

And it\'s not a plugin, it\'s in the game code.

• 2 weeks later...

Still, He did say it is buggy so its better to ask then release said thing and possibly break peoples KSP\'s

I will have more time to work on this next week, hopefully.

Oops forgot this.

public float accelRateCharge;
public double brakingDistance;
public double cruiseSpeed;
public double CruiseSpeedAccelLimit;
public WarpEngine.EngineState engineState;
public double initSpeedSquared;
public float jumpDistance;
public static WarpEngine Master;
public float maxJumpDistance;
public float minJumpDistance;
public Vector3d targetPosition;
public Vector3 warpVel;

State, Master and the vectors can probably be ignored.

Oops forgot this.

public float accelRateCharge;
public double brakingDistance;
public double cruiseSpeed;
public double CruiseSpeedAccelLimit;
public WarpEngine.EngineState engineState;
public double initSpeedSquared;
public float jumpDistance;
public static WarpEngine Master;
public float maxJumpDistance;
public float minJumpDistance;
public Vector3d targetPosition;
public Vector3 warpVel;

State, Master and the vectors can probably be ignored.

I wish I could code, but thank you never the less!

I tried to use that WarpDrive. No success, only an engine sound upon activation. Did you manage to set it up ?

MK I uses the hacky method of a invisible engine. Is your M/S increasing?

Ah okay, we\'ll mk I is not being updated anymore, Mk II is suppose to replace it.

Sit tight, I might have some time to do more texturing.

Oh also, is there a coder who whould like to work with me in coding the warp plugin?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have teamed up with Emilio and we will be merging our projects together and have decided to call it 'TL Engine'

Got some texturing in, won\'t be able to work on it for a week while I am at my dads, but atleast I am not rushing Emilio with the coding side of things.

Also, When I get back to my computer, I am going to see if I am able to import models that also have 3ds max particles intact.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16349584/test_flux_static_frontfluxul.gif

(For a Gmod project, but if I could translate that into something for ksp that would be cool)

This flux.gif looks good.

A wormhole generator could habe a big lightning effect and than the ship appear at the point, which you have set.

example: You need 1 Plutonium to transfer the ship to the moon.

Look this awesome effect:

Nice mod! I managed to escape the sun with this, going at a ridiculous speed of something like 27,000m/s. It was on an escape trajectory that would have taken 6 years to complete! I got bored after 7 days....

Anyway, good work, but could you make the connections a little stronger, because I found it would snap off from my plane at about 1,300m/s or so.

First, I would like to say I haven\'t read all 6 pages of posts, so forgive me if I state anything already said. I like the model as is, as you said, its a bulky part. Something I would suggest would be making it run on electrical energy from kreuzung\'s(sorry if I misspelled) electricity plugin. Since electricity could be recharged, there could be a trade off in that it would have much greater consumption. Also, you might consider making it toggleable. I think this can be done through mechjeb, as some ion engines are toggleable that way. Overall, nice work so far, I look forward to Mk II.

@ Rocketscienist: IF what I said works, then I will be able to add some modeled on effects. However I have no idea where one would place it on the rocket so I would have to have it way out or not include it at all. Look below in the second answer for the answer on how it will be powered. :)

@ SquirrelMachine: I will have to talk to Emilio about this, but I think it will be powered by a electrical battery that I believe will regenerate over time.

@SquirrelMachine : I haven\'t tough to the alimentation yet, I\'m focusing on the main functions. I suppose it will use some some kind of battery, crystal, special fuel...

@SquirrelMachine : I haven\'t tough to the alimentation yet, I\'m focusing on the main functions. I suppose it will use some some kind of battery, crystal, special fuel...

EL_API.Consume() is your friend ;P

But I think that it should use a more sci-fi-ish energy source, like antienchanted antimatter antidiamonds 8) ???

• 4 weeks later...

The first thing that sprung to mind when I saw FTL Drive. Viper Mk. II. so, I\'ve downloaded to and I\'ll tell you when I have a stable Viper+FLT Drive.

The Mk1 engine is too powerful for a such small craft. It\'ll be ripped apart 8)