Magnum Heavy - Stock heavy lifting with style

4fxZF

On the pad, casting a long shadow. After a long series of iterations aimed at improving its safety and reliability, the Magnum Heavy is ready for its maiden voyage. Today's proving payload is five orange tanks: a neat 180 tons.

4fy1M

Going up.

4fy2c

Beginning gravity turn.

4fy2B

After separation of boosters.

4fy32

Separation of lower stage and interstage fairing.

4fy3S

Going the rest of the way with the upper stage.

4fy4R

Payload fairing separation before circularization. As you can see, there's still a few kinks that need working out: one of the orange tanks has split. Another one is decoupled manually to balance it.

4fybF

Payload to orbit on this run is only 108 tons, sadly, but it's proven well capable of dragging the full 180 into space. Couple more struts should seal it.

Download will have to wait until I get this baby to 100% reliability.

its astetically pleasing, lifts 180 tons (most i've seen YET), when its reliable please post download ASAP, yes, i want it :P

it kinda reminds me of the planned falcon XX, except lifting 40 more tons...

Edited by M.Wolfy

Well, that's a big lifter. And the fact that you made all those wings on the top behave speaks volumes of the stability. Here's hoping you solve the "slight structural issues"!!

Rune. Kudos indeed, sir.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.