6.5 Magnitude quake near Mexico City yesterday.

HarvesteR

Hi,

Yesterday there was a 6.5 magnitude earthquake here, at around 8pm. It was relatively minor, but it was enough to send us running out the door.

The epicenter was about 35km NE of Acapulco (which is nearest the faults), but Mexico City is particularly vulnerable to quakes coming from the coast. Thankfully, there was no damage to the city, although the subway system did halt and some areas were without power for a while.

I was at my GF\'s place, we were watching TV when we felt the building sway. Not being from Mexico, this was the first time I actually felt a quake, and I must say, it is a seriously uncool experience.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the news with everyone. Turns out this was the strongest seismic event this year.

Cheers

Hi,

Yesterday there was a 6.5 magnitude earthquake here, at around 8pm. It was relatively minor, but it was enough to send us running out the door.

The epicenter was about 35km NE of Acapulco (which is nearest the faults), but Mexico City is particularly vulnerable to quakes coming from the coast. Thankfully, there was no damage to the city, although the subway system did halt and some areas were without power for a while.

I was at my GF\'s place, we were watching TV when we felt the building sway. Not being from Mexico, this was the first time I actually felt a quake, and I must say, it is a seriously uncool experience.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the news with everyone. Turns out this was the strongest seismic event this year.

Cheers

OH SWEET JESSAUS YOUR OK I CANT LIVE WITHOUT KSP

I didn\'t feel nothing.

Mayve it may be cause im still stuck in orbat.

Iz zeems mi englaze iz failgun

'Computer: Switching to Arabic'

???? ????? ?? ???? ?????!

???? ????? ??????? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ?????? ?????? ??? ???? ?????? ??????.

Earthquakes can actually alter satellites orbits.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21250-japan-megaquake-shifted-gravity-satellite-orbits.html

I remember when I was in a earthquake when I was younger living in Southern California. They will definitely get your attention. I remember all the dogs barking in our neighborhood a short time later what sounded like a shotgun blast outside then looking out the back window in a field behind our house and seeing the tall grass looking like waves on the water as the ground rumbled. It was a very surreal experience

I remember when I was in a earthquake when I was younger living in Southern California. They will definitely get your attention. I remember all the dogs barking in our neighborhood a short time later what sounded like a shotgun blast outside then looking out the back window in a field behind our house and seeing the tall grass looking like waves on the water as the ground rumbled. It was a very surreal experience

Yeah, It was weird though... I had always more or less expected earthquakes to feel like a monstrously large truck was driving across the living room or something... I expected the building to vibrate I think.

That\'s not what happened at all though. It felt more as if the building were afloat than anything else. I didn\'t even actually feel it all that much really, it was more like an inexplicable sense of movement at first. I only knew for sure when I saw a wind chime near the door swinging on it\'s own (it\'s meant as a door bell, so it doesn\'t just wobble on it\'s own). There was also no sound at all, except for one springloaded door on the hallway that started banging slightly.

Then the most visually interesting, but nonetheless disturbing part was when we got down to ground level. The building has an indoor pool there, and the water was rippling all of it\'s own. We knew it was safe to head back inside when the water in the pool stopped rippling. It was very much a surreal experience.

Cheers

I am making an hypotheses

*places monolenses with a dark tint over my photorecptors'

That the waves of hydrogen and oxygen that appear to change in a trackable pattern , depending on the moon\'s location, have shifted , due to the plates moving underground.

Check Joesph Derecux on Memebase.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

They have pages on almost every disaster, natural or man made. By the way, nice earthquake. A bit deep to do too much damage. Going to be practicing earthquake drills in the office now?

How deep and what acceleration. Would have been nothing like the Feb 22 earthquake. I was in the center of that one and it was horrible. And I wasn\'t on the tallest building. That was a fun day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Christchurch_earthquake

Fun times.

I slept through Feb 22, it was the cats freaking out that woke me.

Now the 4 September felt stronger to me here. North west side of town during both of them.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Um got the wrong earthquake. Feb 22 happened at lunchtime. Unless your nocturnal, then you do have the right earthquake and I would ask where the hell you were on both days?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.