Simple Rockets Released

chemieglennie

tom...it is $.99, you can get it from the Google play store. The pirated (or old beta) game won't support leaderboards...and may not run at all anymore.

The game is well worth the purchase.

Here is Scott Manley's review of the game:

Disclaimer: I have been a beta tester of the game and started the Reddit sub for this game.

tom...it is $.99, you can get it from the Google play store. The pirated (or old beta) game won't support leaderboards...and may not run at all anymore.

The game is well worth the purchase.

Here is Scott Manley's review of the game:

Disclaimer: I have been a beta tester of the game and started the Reddit sub for this game.

What is this "old beta" you speak of?

Also this game is impossible to google. All I get is simple paper rockets ._.

What is this "old beta" you speak of?

Also this game is impossible to google. All I get is simple paper rockets ._.

The developer was very kind to Android beta testers...he simply posted a link to the apk for anyone to download. I'm sure this apk is still floating around, but may not work anymore, and certainly won't allow posting to leaderboards. The term "simplerockets", and "simple rockets" is now showing relevant results from Google...it did take it a while though.

4m0BT.jpg

Does anyone know why this is? I mean, it's an android phone after all.

There are a variety of hardware and software reasons why an app might not me compatable with a particular phone. By all rights a Note II should run that. You may have to email the devs.

Can I ask you a question, is there a reason people use puu.sh over imgur? The only reason I ask is I use dyndns's defense plan and they have blocked puu.sh for previously distrubting malware. So the images don't show up inline for me I have to click thru, and temporarily unblock the domain. So I"m just curious is there a good reason why it's blocked and why people even use it in the first place?

There are a variety of hardware and software reasons why an app might not me compatable with a particular phone. By all rights a Note II should run that. You may have to email the devs.

Can I ask you a question, is there a reason people use puu.sh over imgur? The only reason I ask is I use dyndns's defense plan and they have blocked puu.sh for previously distrubting malware. So the images don't show up inline for me I have to click thru, and temporarily unblock the domain. So I"m just curious is there a good reason why it's blocked and why people even use it in the first place?

1. Imgur is terrible. I have never successfully uploaded an image to imgur, and believe me I've tried.

2. In the press of one (combination) of buttons it takes a screenshot, uploads it to the servers and copies the url of the image to your clipboard (with different modes). I'm not aware that imgur does anything like that. I initially began using it because my prtsc key was broken, but I've continued using it because it's handy.

3. My virus blocker and the virus blockers of all of my friends who use it have never picked up any malware, and I've yet to be haxxed and all my bank money stolen so...

4m0BT.jpg

Does anyone know why this is? I mean, it's an android phone after all.

Although it is for Android, only specific Android phones could do it. So yeah, the sentence of "for Android" should be changed to "for most Android devices." IT may not be compatible with all devices.

BTW, did you updated the Android OS? I think only specific Android OS works with the game. But like others said, it could be a hardware issue (or both).

=================

Smupiter Ascent Challenge

=================

Let's conquer Smupiter... by launching from Smupiter! :sticktongue:

You do not have to go to Smupiter from Smearth... You can build a rocket and launch it from Smupiter. Let's break the (possible) myth of "cannot achieve orbit from Jupiter!"

Okay, just try and see if you can. I would like to see the grandest rockets and explosions EVER! :D

could someone kindly offer up some tips on getting a stable orbit around the smoon? i can get there just fine and once im in its gravitational pull my trajectory curves but i cant seem to wrap it around in an orbit..??

Is it wrong that I got into orbit on the tutorial when it said just get to 100 km?

Another thing, how do you zoom out? Mousewheel seems to just pan the game up/down or move my heading.

Mousewheel? What are you playing it on if I may ask?

You zoom in and out by 'pinching' the screen, as you would on a photo or any other image.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.