[WIP] Apollo-like crew module (Updated download 17.2.2014)

Ledenko

Hey, just noticing this now! I'm looked through the first few pages and saw a few rambling about parachutes. You might want to consider making this work with RealChute, that would solve quite a few hacks like the CoM hack and allow you to drop on actual drogues chutes if you want to :)

Just let me know if you need help setting it up.

Cheers!

Hey, just noticing this now! I'm looked through the first few pages and saw a few rambling about parachutes. You might want to consider making this work with RealChute, that would solve quite a few hacks like the CoM hack and allow you to drop on actual drogues chutes if you want to :)

Just let me know if you need help setting it up.

Cheers!

That would be awesome :D so far I just wanted to post a MM file which made it work with real Chute but an actual compatibility together with drogue chutes would be even better

O holidays, o holidays!

To be honest, I hardly care about the chutes, they seem to work and that's good enough for me. Still, if anyone else wants to do them, let me know what I need to do and I'll see what can be done.

Kebab - I think those come across as really flat now, the highlights add to them in my opinion, but I'll admit i overdid it.

O holidays, o holidays!

To be honest, I hardly care about the chutes, they seem to work and that's good enough for me. Still, if anyone else wants to do them, let me know what I need to do and I'll see what can be done.

Kebab - I think those come across as really flat now, the highlights add to them in my opinion, but I'll admit i overdid it.

RealChute is simply about changing the part module you currently use through a plugin. Essentially, the parachutes will behave differently and have a smoother deployment, along with other things, and as I said, it would allow you to get rid completely of the CoM offset :)

O holidays, o holidays!

We can always have some sort of mid-way between the original too bright light blue and my depressed dark blue! Also, it will be cool if it was possible to add a "lights on" option on the CM that lights up the windows, like in the B9's cockpits! Anyway, since you did an awesome job with the cockpit, will you ever develop a custom SM/Engine to pair with this Command Module? :D

I'm going away for a few days and I just want to note down what I need to do decoupler-wise (this is a note to myself, so I don't forget): fill it out with some detail and add a collision mesh so stuff can be attached on bottom/sides (I like 6S)

e: Happy new year, folks!

I'm actually fiddling around with the built-in decoupler before leaving and looks like a collider for it is useless for the purpose of attaching anything to it - parts will just stay connected to the crew module once it separates and the detached fairing seemingly won't even collide any more, as if the collider is gone.

This is how it looks:

LVLBM2Q.jpg

So I'll be taking the collider out if there isn't a workaround, it's apt to cause confusion and not much else. Also, I can't seem to get the staging to be right click only, any idea why that could be happening? Edit: Looks like it's the jettison action mucking up the works.

Edited by Ledenko

I don't see any sence in this, as we have a crew module for three Kerbals that looks like apollo.

Because it looks cool, a little different, and has a lovely built in docking port and parachute. More choice is always good, it's not stock, you don't have to download it!

You should change ModuleJettison to say isFairing = true, that should fix this problem. Parts won't be attachable to the shroud anymore.

That's what it was already set to, I was just trying to use it for something it wasn't designed to do :) No matter, I think it'll work just fine this way as well.

Alright, so this is mostly a config edit, but there's also some detail added to the fairing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27552313/kp0110_a5.zip

So, the module now has a built-in decoupler (mass increased by 200kg) that's triggered by right clicking the module, a wonky jettison stage that does nothing and nothing else changed. I did try to darken the window texture but I feel the light windows fit with the shiny, bright look of the module. Either that or I've become too attached.

I don't know if it's a my problem but when i dock it, goes crazy.

The dock it's between a Clap-O-Tron and your docking port... apparently for now works only with the same port

Seems strange... I've actually docked with a lot of different custom, and standard ports. I've successfully docked with the Mir drogue port, the Soyuz Docking Mech. from BobCat Soviet pack, ICMB(or something) from FusTek station pack, but i did not had any problem...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.