Bottom Heavy

Bishmoo

So, the most recent experimental release has opened up grand new possibilities in rocket design. Now we can finally have our fuel tanks below the engines thanks to fuel lines! These designs aren\'t very stable in my experience but they\'re a challenge to fly and design. Ideally the goal is to attain orbit with one of these beasts, but I haven\'t been able to do it yet. The qualifier is to have the majority of your liquid fuel tanks physically below your engines. Use the stock fuel tanks and engines, but any modded structural pieces are fine.

My personal forest of fuel lines and struts:

132384386042.png

How did you connect the pieces at the bottom?

I see struts attached, but wouldn\'t those parts be greyed out in the VAB and therefore wouldn\'t receive connections to struts?

Perhaps they were connected at one time, and he just removed the connecting pieces after placing the struts.

I got one of these into orbit, I\'m uploading the video now.

Edit: Video is up. Here it is.

It\'s crazy that it doesn\'t explode., maybe I can use LFE\'s higher up my stacks as boosters. If it works for you, it\'s gotta work for BooM!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.