Idea for career mode (Colonizing)

I had an idea for a game mode that could be like a colony - based mode. I was thinking it would start you out with around $1,000 or so depending on ship costs, and you'd build up from there. It would rely on landing on other bodies and would be landing-funded, for example:

landing a probe: $100

landing a kerbal: $500 each

science parts: $50 each

and so on. I also though it could add some colony based parts like Hab parts and water tanks/collectors. I bet it'd be fun with somekind of life-support mod. Any thoughts?

(some rough point ideas)

landing on kerbals moon - $50

minmus - $100

other moons (based on difficulty) - $300 - $1,000

other planets (based on difficulty) - $1,000 - $10,000

landing 10 kerbals - $2,000 bonus

So if you say, landed a probe on the Mun with gravity, thermal, and acceleration sensors, you'd get $300 from the probe, science parts, and the mun points

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/36863-What-not-to-suggest

•Orbital construction and construction on other celestials
This is generally assumed to include colonization as any form of colonization beyond sending a bunch of Hitchhiker Storage Container's with automated controls and parachutes to another planet would require construction on other celestials.

With that being said it is possible to create a crude colony using the Hitchhiker Storage Container, lander legs, solar power, batteries and parachutes. Other members have also used the VAB to build structures and launched them to other planets of varying degrees of complexity

Edited by Vonar

Well, don't be so offended by it. I mean, this isn't the first time colonization or alternate game-modes have been discussed. Career mode is already in development and there WILL be some level of colonization, though I don't think they've quite figured out what all they want to do just yet.

They might even hold off on some colonization mechanics for an expansion, they'd talked about that before.

The reason threads get shot down so quickly is because things like this have been discussed to death in a variety of different angles and potential implementations. Since the average forum user isn't exactly new to the forums, it's a bit tedious to see people suggesting the same stuff over and over and over. So just try not to be offended when people say your suggestion's on the do not suggest list, even if the list is a big vague, you can almost guarantee that your idea has been suggested before when people are pointing out that there list there.

What the devs discussed is the anything (like colonization) that DOES NOT fit the realistic feel of KSP will be released as DLC. Anybody who bought the game before May 1st, 2013 will get DLC for free according to the KSP devs, but be aware, the devs said that DLC may never be a reality, just an idea. Another thing is if they added ways to get money in carrer mode, it would probably be in millions and billions. It costed $790 million for NASA (yes I know I use alot of acronyms) to launch the LADEE satellite to the moon, which actually launched two days ago.

Edited by cantorobriar

Once the devs know for sure what they want to do colonization-wise, I'm sure the topic will unlock so people can post ideas about it. Most of the what not to suggest/ already suggested threads are ideas that are either confirmed not in the game, confirmed to be in the game but later, so people asking for them again won't help, or unknown what the devs want to do with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.