JellyCubes Advanced Weapons R&D - Weapons and Other Miscellanea

JellyCubes

Added a railgun version that works with 0.14. Ships now experience recoil when firing. The recoil force may force rip the railgun off your ship.

Ideally, I would like to create a railgun that spawns railgun shells so you don\'t have to manually add them in the VAB and make ammunition a consumable like fuel. A user controlled, turreted railgun version would probably also be possible or maybe a railgun that automatically detects other ships and fires on them.

By the God Emperor, make it so!

By the God Emperor, make it so!

Ahahaha. It\'ll be interesting to see the API documentation when it\'s released. If they open up animation in the form of rotating parts, this should be fairly easy. If not -- well, guided missiles are ALWAYS an option.

The AI that goes into guidance, lead calculation, motion prediction, and stuff like that is really what interests me most. I like the idea of dropping \'missile mines\' that lie dormant until they\'ve been unloaded (you move a certain distance away). Then, when you next get close enough for them to be unpacked, they target all vessels in the area (including you), and fire off their load of missiles. Then you get to dodge missiles. :3

There\'s all sorts of nifty things like that you can build. I really want to get my grubby paws on the API. Question, though -- does anyone know if there\'s a dev environment for C# that compiles DLLs other than Virtual Studio?

Ideally, I would like to create a railgun that spawns railgun shells so you don\'t have to manually add them in the VAB and make ammunition a consumable like fuel.

Hold on, this isn\'t a race, before you make that, I would like to see a 40mm railgun, because sometimes, the railguns on my ship seem...

SMALL. Also, a railgun that is flush to the side of the hull would be nice.

Hold on, this isn\'t a race, before you make that, I would like to see a 40mm railgun, because sometimes, the railguns on my ship seem...

SMALL. Also, a railgun that is flush to the side of the hull would be nice.

Umm, the rail-guns in this pack are definitely bigger than 40mm already.

Umm, the rail-guns in this pack are definitely bigger than 40mm already.

If you look at the ammunition, it says that the shells are 20mm, therefore the barrel diameter is 20mm

So I want a barrel that is double it\'s current diameter and radius. The shells would also need to be doubled in size

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

screenshot5-1.png

screenshot6.png

Harbinger is locked and loaded. 8)

screenshot10-1.png

screenshot11.png

Less cannon, more explosive ordinance. ;D

Edit:

Spoiler tags for ease of reading.

Is that a stable fighter jet? Because I want to make a jet fighter, but I tend to have trouble with attaching a Railgun and getting it to fly in a stable flight path without relying on ASAS, which threatens to shake my jet apart.

If ASAS is shaking your plane to pieces, slow down and/or decrease how many flaps you have or how powerful your flaps are.

I have a new, more stable design which just happens to have a somewhat un-skilled pilot. It flies like a dream when on ASAS, but I have trouble controlling it. It looks some thing like a fighter version of the SR-71 Blackbird, but has two MU-4 missiles, one Void Buckerneering Prototype Particle Cannon, and twin Devastator Railguns as it\'s armament. It\'s engines are : two twin turbine engines from Damned Aerospace, One F12-EN Turbojet Engine from C7 Aerospace. How do you take screen shots?

• 1 month later...