JellyCubes Advanced Weapons R&D - Weapons and Other Miscellanea

JellyCubes

Finally stopped being so lazy and released the Modular Missile Pack. Gets around the issue of decoupler weight by having the main missile body act as a decoupler.

Comes with a couple of different nose cones and some different fins. Allows for some variation in design so every missile won\'t look exactly the same.

Erm... It seems the modular missiles are only good for short range targets, for whenever I launch one up into the air just to see how far it can go, It seems to collide with it self. In the end mission log it says that the fins collided with the engine and the engine collided with the fins. It may be my fault for placing them too close but you never know... also a longer burn time for the engines would be nice ;)

Come to think of it... could one space the effects of a SRB? So instead of it looking like a beam (like that laser mod), it would look as if it\'s shooting out bullets. So instead of piecing together hundreds of ammo and smashing your space key many times to fire, you just have to press space once and pretend the gun\'s emptying its ammo.

Gatling gun, anyone?

Otherwise, a rocket pod would be cool. Just 8 holes, and with symmetry support.

Come to think of it... could one space the effects of a SRB? So instead of it looking like a beam (like that laser mod), it would look as if it\'s shooting out bullets. So instead of piecing together hundreds of ammo and smashing your space key many times to fire, you just have to press space once and pretend the gun\'s emptying its ammo.

Gatling gun, anyone?

Otherwise, a rocket pod would be cool. Just 8 holes, and with symmetry support.

What you could do is have a weird staircase surrounded beam with individual nodes. Pile on the ammo, and when you shoot the first round, all of them go out at once but it appears to be a line of fire.

Just hypothesizing.

Any chance that we could have mini railguns?

Maybe. I\'m really lazy though, so don\'t hold your breath for it.

Could you try to make the bullets have a collision only at their bottom? that way we could stack WAAAAY more stuff...

Use the smaller training rounds. Funny things happen it the bullet travels too fast and the node collider is too small.

Maybe. I\'m really lazy though, so don\'t hold your breath for it.

Use the smaller training rounds. Funny things happen it the bullet travels too fast and the node collider is too small.

It passes right through the target. I know because I tried, and that\'s why I don\'t use them.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

rX8xQ.jpg

nKiKY.jpg

How do people manage to do this in reality? It\'s impossible I tells ya.

They have radios between the aircraft, autopilot and are trained to do it. Just like the people who land on aircraft carriers (cept with the huge about of part friction these days, landing on a aircraft carrier is easy.

Chasing other aircraft should be a lot easier if/when we can either:

1. Use two controllable craft with ASAS to get them flying straight (might not happen because Harv seems to be against in-atmosphere persistence)

or 2. Get adjustable airbrakes.

Or a combination of both, in a perfect world. Chasing a drone is sort of like orbital intercepts; it should be made MUCH easier by an official update later on.

It occurs to me that 0.14 is going to make this mod even more awesome: Got orbiting debris you want to be rid of? Break out the railguns!

Also, the new part class modding system might make deployable target balloons viable...

1. Use two controllable craft with ASAS to get them flying straight (might not happen because Harv seems to be against in-atmosphere persistence)
An aircraft can be perfectly stabilized without ASAS :). The drone in the pictures above is stabilized by aerodynamics alone.
How do people manage to do this in reality? It\'s impossible I tells ya.
Hehehe :)

I\'ve tried to topple the drone with a wingtip (as WWII Spitfire pilots did to V-1 flying bombs). I\'ve ended up with no wing at all 8)

Added a railgun version that works with 0.14. Ships now experience recoil when firing. The recoil force may force rip the railgun off your ship.

Ideally, I would like to create a railgun that spawns railgun shells so you don\'t have to manually add them in the VAB and make ammunition a consumable like fuel. A user controlled, turreted railgun version would probably also be possible or maybe a railgun that automatically detects other ships and fires on them.

Added a railgun version that works with 0.14. Ships now experience recoil when firing. The recoil force may force rip the railgun off your ship.

Ideally, I would like to create a railgun that spawns railgun shells so you don\'t have to manually add them in the VAB and make ammunition a consumable like fuel. A user controlled, turreted railgun version would probably also be possible or maybe a railgun that automatically detects other ships and fires on them.

soooo...awesome...+1111111111111111111111

Adding basic AI for taking velocity and position into account wouldn\'t be particularly difficult -- it\'s just quite a bit of math. This is a project which actually interests me quite a bit -- I used to try to make anti-rocket miniguns in Garry\'s Mod, but I\'m reasonably sure that rocket-bullet collisions weren\'t supported. Sad face.

Of course, part of the hilarity will be when your railgun aims at another vessel through your own wing. Then blows your wing off. Ehehehe.