The Ãœber RolePlay - Modded let's play featuring Deadly Reentry, RemoteTech and others

SolarLiner

Hello !

I've seen enough Let's play to see where a normal space program is going. Well, this is NOT a normal space program; it is one of the most "realistic" let's play of KSP:

- RemoteTech is there to provide radio communications, and remote control. Hence the first achievement to get is a great satellite system

- Kethane is here too to have a "goal" to return to planets. And we can "earn" money. (imagination is indeed part of the gameplay, no?)

- ISA MapSat is here to return us planetary science and good places to put landers for moar science !

- DeadlyReentry is there to, well ... EXPLODE STUFF !!!!!!!

As a Role Play, I will be as cautious as possible to get my missions done, and recover the most things possible to see if they're reusable.

There is a rule about "simulations" and "real" launches, I explain it on the first episode: http://youtu.be/38QFiJD4t-8?t=8m10s

Last episode:

All the episodes:

Hope you got intrested in this, and happy crashing ! ;)

I like your way of thinking, although I think Kethane is making things a bit too easy. I like to use FAR instead, but the general idea is the same. You might consider adding Life Support too.

Sadly currently Remote Tech and kOS are incompatible, which makes it a though call which mod to use.

Thanks ! :)

Kethane and FAR are two completely different mods, aren't they? Kethane mine things, and FAR updates aerodynamics. I wanted to use FAR but recent tests made me think that it will create more problems than it solves.

Yeah, there should be a way to implement kOS scripts in Remote Tech, and vice versa (presuming that if you do not add volumes on your ship, scripts will be ran from Mission Control). That would be beast ! :)

I'm currently on a way to bring Jeb home. But I want to take this opportunity to do a proper mission. Should I send some LKO satellites or polar sats? LKO will be easier because of Jeb, but polar sats will be more useful for communications, but will need more dV, so bigger rocket (and bigger explosions, but don't tell anyone :sticktongue: ).

I'm also planning on a 1h polar orbit for MapSat and Kethane. Just my thoughts to you :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.