Faster Rover Wheels

I've messed with config files before to get them to my personal preferences. Recently, I wanted to make the rover wheels faster, as the max speed of the fastest wheel is only about 50 mph (23 m/s) which is sort of kind of unrealistic. I scouted in the cfg for the wheel max speed thing, but I could not find it. Does anyone know which parameter to edit?

23 ms is actually pretty fast as most tend to lose control going much faster. Your better off adding engines to the rover. or using time accel. I have looked for the param myself though (i wanted to see if i could make a rover go super fast :P) but never found it. My guess is youd have to look for a specific wheel though, and not all at once.

• 3 months later...

I have been looking in to this and I have had success but I just figured it out and am still working on it. It is the second number in the groups of numbers under torque curve in the c.f.g. file. I added about 800 to each of these numbers I copied it so I can paste it for you. This is in the c.f.g file foe the biggest wheel with the yellow on it. torqueCurve

{

key = 0 950 0 0

key = 3 900 0 0

key = 6 970 0 0

key = 15 910 0 0

key = 15.5 0 0 0

} see what I did??? I just did a wheelie so I know i am close. I will make a youtube video of the working wheels soon please check out my youtube channel under the name of Jeffrey Overclock. Thank you for your time.

• 9 months later...

If you look at this : torqueCurve {

key = 0 150 0 0

key = 2.5 100 0 0

key = 80 0 0 0

}

Where you see it says 80? Originally, it was 50 i think?, and then i barely hit 24 m/s, but changing that to 80, it made over 50 m/s ! I changed the 100 and 150 to, but it didn't have any affact, maybe little more acel tho ;) Hope this helps ! (in the .cfg file in the parts folder)