[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

....just curious what top speed on that thing is before 'bad things' start to happen =P

Actually, depends on how you define 'bad things'. The driving is rather tricky as the cars behave strangely even when in fully passive/dragged mode (wheels off), pushing the whole train one way or another, probably because I didn't line them up perfectly or something. However, I believe I had it going top speed for it's wheels without it exploding or dying...just it was going where it wanted to, heh.

Hitching up the cars will make it fall through the world if done from the car's perspective. In that picture, it had to be done right to left, engine->first car, engine+first car->second car, etc. The cars all have probe cores, so they can move independently to make hitching up easier.

:/ Needs moar boosters. Like so:

(big image is big)

SSTO-Train.jpg

HA!

We have just released v2.6.

W..what? I don't think you understand what 'Soonâ„¢' means, Dear Sir. That should have been next week, or the week after. :)

Anyhow, thank you very much! The update looks awesome! Also thanks to you and Winston for keeping an eye on efficiency. I'm off to download now :)

Dat engine noise. Oh my, that's niiicceeee. (tried a different word....got censored)

On a related note: must remember to place the engines a stage below the launch clamps.

On an unrelated note: Aside from the triple-space-bar-mouse-right-click oddities, I am having NONE of the issues reported with x64.....you're running in 64 bit if the opening screen says x64 in the bottom right....right? (also should be fairly easy because I'm not on Steam and ONLY downloaded the x64 version...I don't have to do anything to push it into 64 bit?). Believe me, I'm not complaining...but when EVERYBODY ELSE seems to encounter issues, and you don't...you start to wonder if you're going crazy.

Edited by Kalloran

64bit is a mess at the moment, We spent half a day trying to fix a problem we thought was our fault, when it's one of the messes that came with the jump.

The only bug with scale I can ever replicate is if you pick a fuel tank as the very first part, if you reload or 'return to launch' it'll mess with the scale. This can be fixed by not picking the tank as the first part.

Other than that one bug, the rest are really the sort of things I can't really iron out. It's beyond our scope to fix.

Did a full reinstall of the Gamedata folder (IE, delete everything and start over). And after just installing KW it fixed the issues. (Though, is the new SPS supposed to draw from all Monoprop tanks at once? Doesn't seem right)

I'm going to slowly reinstall my mods to see what could be causing the issues I had.

Just a suggestion - as it is right now, the folder/file structure of the new 2.6 version is difficult for people like me who like to keep only particular parts out of a pack either to save memory or to save ourselves from part list spam. Example: I would rather not have the fairings from KW, cool as they are. But deleting the fairings folders doesn't just get rid of fairings stuff, it also affects a number of other parts that seem totally unrelated, like the 5m decoupler - I am just assuming that's because it uses textures in the fairings folder? In the same vein, deleting many parts' folders doesn't remove the parts' models. It would be much easier if every file that corresponds to only one part were in the same folder as that part, so that you can very easily delete the maximum amount of stuff the game loads by removing that one folder, and if common textures/resources/whatever were placed in explicitly common folders. Just my two cents! If there's some reason it can't work this way, I take it all back.

I'm not sure if it's a 64-bit issue, but with the new version (and no other mods) installed, my game now crashes reliably when loading a game or starting a new one. Contents of error.log are provided here, output_log.txt here. Game runs fine with other mods or with no mods.

Bugs (32-bit, clean install of KW):

• Engine effects are on all the time
  • Shroud model still loads even if the NoAutoShrouds are installed. It looks like the alternate CFGs for the noshrouds still have the shroud loaded as a model node.
  • 1m Decoupler shroud has its part type set to "DecouplerGUI" instead of "Part". Right click menu has two decouple options, one non-functional.

Yeah I didn't get the engine effects to turn off until I deleted everything, which did indeed include Hot Rockets.

EDIT: Hot Rockets is causing the engine bug.

Edited by G'th

hotrockets hasnt been updated for the new kw so best not to use it

Yes it has, HotRockets! v7.24 is out and even includes the new SmokeScreen

Please excuse, you mean for the 2.6 release of course, more coffee required.

Thanks for the update the new parts are awesome.

Green ball attach points are too far from the top and bottom of the tanks. The new largest tanks are fine though.

Edited by LMA

hotrockets hasnt been updated for the new kw so best not to use it

Also can delete kw.cfg from hotrockets to keep those flames for all the other rockets. Just tested myself in 64X. (Like, this very second tested, your post gave me the idea).

Possible bug: any change I make to the thrust limiter on a KW SRB doesn't have any effect (Globe, Titan -- I've checked them all). I also checked the stock SRBs and they all work as I expect. Anyone else have this problem?

I may actually have to get this.

At the moment, I'm just wanting to play without extra parts mods. Right now all I have are texture replacing mods to make everything pretty. This might actually be my first part pack in .24.

Okay so for anyone having problems with the update, I found two mods that were heavily conflicting with this. They are Hot Rockets (and possibly Cool Rockets too) and Modular Fuel Tanks.

Removing these two (or at least deleting the KW configs from both mods) fixes the issues like the engine exhaust bug as well as the issue I had with improperly scaled fuel tanks. (I was able to recreate it after installing MFT. Not sure what it did or why)

Now I'm able to run x64 KSP with tons of mods, including KW with no issues other than the usual x64 bugs.

Ok, I have something very interesting going on every since I've updated to KW 2.6. Upon updating, I kept on getting lockups upon launching a new craft from the VAB, but I could still switch to already existing flights. The most interesting one, was the shuttle that I keep next to the space plane hanger as a "trophy" of sorts; I would switch to the shuttle and the ground was, well gone, along with the KSC. After a lot of fiddling around with mods and uninstalling a crap ton load of mods, I was able to keep the ground from disappearing, but the game would still lock up upon launching a new craft. At this point, KW was the only other thing that had changed since the game was last working. Uninstalling, and then re-installing 2.5.6b fixed the issue. I'm posted the last KSP.log file from when the lock up occurred. KSP never produced an error report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frvzz01iuty6pza/KSP.log

Ok, I have something very interesting going on every since I've updated to KW 2.6. Upon updating, I kept on getting lockups upon launching a new craft from the VAB, but I could still switch to already existing flights. The most interesting one, was the shuttle that I keep next to the space plane hanger as a "trophy" of sorts; I would switch to the shuttle and the ground was, well gone, along with the KSC. After a lot of fiddling around with mods and uninstalling a crap ton load of mods, I was able to keep the ground from disappearing, but the game would still lock up upon launching a new craft. At this point, KW was the only other thing that had changed since the game was last working. Uninstalling, and then re-installing 2.5.6b fixed the issue. I'm posted the last KSP.log file from when the lock up occurred. KSP never produced an error report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frvzz01iuty6pza/KSP.log

I had similar issues while I was testing mods. They went away after I deleted the two mods I mentioned above. (and of course did a full reinstall of all my mods in the process) It may or may not be something else causing it, but I haven't had any other issues since so unless you have a mod that I don't I can only say try deleting those two if you have them.