The Pegasus-42

pegasustitle1.png

Alright, time to get serious about this incredible piece of artwork! 8)

All questions will be answered at the bottom of this original post, thanks for the feedback!

This is the Pegasus-42, named after several equestrian animals that have the ability to fly with the talents of agility, speed, and guts.

Video, if you think this is TL;DR ---

As you may have noticed it has a unique design in which it uses a stepped-down fuselage from the main body attached to the sides of the craft. This adds more stability, fuel, and space for weapon mounts. Don\'t forgot to mention it has a highly aesthetical finished look to it.

-Two dual-mounted railguns (three rounds each)

-Six deployable bombs

-and six wing-mounted WASP missiles

For increased effectiveness, each projectile is fired no unanimously, but one at a time.

Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) capable with numerous stability and control RCS thrusters for vertical thrust.

Highly agile. The winglets and flaps are near-perfectly balanced for ease of stability. These improvements make it a great glider, fast target (+600 m/s under 10 km), and a lethal predator.

--Questions--

Put it on the Mun and then we\'ll talk. - Feragorn

Although I am aware of the craft\'s incapabilities, I can, infact, land on the moon. Thanks to the VTOL systems I can make a realistic landing without a sweat. But it is quite more difficult without gliding at hand.

ksp2011121917300744.png

---

He called it AIRCRAFT buddy.

Not SpacePlane. - mario972

I called it aircraft because the video only has limited footage, mainly within the atmposphere. Either way it can easily manuever in the air, and in space. Some weapon systems are defective without the air though, such as missiles; winglets on them prove to do nothing in benefit of it flying straight.

---

Herp de durr, I\'m aware.

These things tend to be said about impressive designs, since everything is better on the Mun. Even aircraft, who can\'t fly without air. Which the Mun doesn\'t have. - Feragorn

Lemme level with you guys for a sec,

Planes - Pretty Smart

Spaceplanes - Pretty F-cking Smart

Spaceplanes that can land on the m--FUCKING GEEEEEEEEEENNNIUS!

(if you get it, you get a booster)

I really would like for everyone to stop comparing flying vehicles on how far, or fast, they can go. Seriously, everyone knows how cheaty the C-7 pack is on it\'s own, there is really no definitive bar that anyone would have to set. I would rate planes on their effectiveness on landing on the moon instead (not easy), for that requires a bit more inginuity, ya know?

IDK Why my SpacePlanes fly strangely, i mean like they can\'t turn and when you turn they flop back to previous position.

Are you using Yaw (ie, your rudder) to turn? If so, I made the same mistake. For some aerodynamic reason that I don\'t know yet, when you yaw, as soon as you release it your aircraft will want to snap back to its vector. This is normal behaviour. You have to turn using a combination of roll and pitch to turn in aircraft.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you going to post the .craft file? My imagination can\'t think of something so cool.

Please, Please, Please post the .craft file. I am dying for a chance to fly this thing!!

Trust me, we are all waiting for a chance to fly all of Tim\'s planes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.