[0.23] Squad Texture Reduction Pack - B9 and KW Packs also

PolecatEZ

HELP!!!!!!!! I followed the instructions but instead of reducing the textures, most of my stock parts no longer have textures

This was taken with only the Squad texture reduction pack installed

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901015155574355753/DA5A35F4F38E50C38181AE69458B7B5A2E5A7CEA/

I copied the Debloat.bat, ran it then moved the squad folder from the zip file. I like the increased performance but I kind of want my stock parts to have some color to them

Hmm, you are probably right, so I wonder what application I would need to run it?

I dont think you can use that on a Mac.

First and btw, batch files predate Windows. It's a DOS thing. If you open it up with a text editor you'll find it's just a bunch of DOS commands which for compatibility still work on Windows command prompt. If you were running Windows you could type out each line one by one and it work. So that's really all it is. Just a batch of commands for the OS to execute.

I dont use Macs a lot but IIRC the closest thing you have to a command prompt is based on a *nix OS. The commands would be unfamiliar to it and the KSP folders won't even be in the same place. You don't even refer to drive locations the same way.

hope that's not TL;DR but just trying to demystify this a little...

HELP!!!!!!!! I followed the instructions but instead of reducing the textures, most of my stock parts no longer have textures

This was taken with only the Squad texture reduction pack installed

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901015155574355753/DA5A35F4F38E50C38181AE69458B7B5A2E5A7CEA/

I copied the Debloat.bat, ran it then moved the squad folder from the zip file. I like the increased performance but I kind of want my stock parts to have some color to them

I get the exact same thing, even when I uninstall it the way I should. I'm just going to update to .23 and wait for it to work.

Will this work even if the DeBalote file is not run?

No. You'll actually be worse off than before because you'll have two sets of textures. I'm going to make this as easy as possible for you.

1. Download my tweaked version of the debloat script. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfi0j4iltf4wetx/kspdebloatOSX.sh.zip This version is already set as executable and has the line endings fixed so the terminal doesn't choke on them. IMPORTANT: Generally you shouldn't run random shell scripts from the internet and run them without understanding what they do.
  2. Unzip 'kspdebloatOSX.sh.zip' and put it in the top-level of your 'GameData' folder.
  3. Open the terminal. Type in
    cd /thePathTo/KSP_osx/GameData/

If you have KSP in /Applications, you'd type

cd /Applications/KSP_osx/GameData/

4. Now type
    ./kspdebloatOSX.sh

in the terminal

5. Finally merge the 'Squad' folder from the OP with the 'Squad' folder in GameData. To merge to folders on OS X, hold down the Option key when dragging the folder to the same place.

I noticed while copying (and skipping) these parts over the .23 ones that most of the .23 parts were the same size and some were smaller. This leads me to believe that this reduction pack is woefully out of date and so I canceled the action. Please post if it will be updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.