"Veteran's" Mun Challenge

Geeny

The idea is quite simple:

Go to the Mun, come back, and land on KSC territory.

The catch? You must 'power land' and you can only use vanilla parts, and lander legs.

It shouldn\'t be too difficult, I\'m mostly just curious to see how many people are able to do it/have done it, so feel free to post without any 'evidence'.

I guess the 'evidence' should be two screenshots: one of the ship on the Mun, and the other of one on the ground.

More Specific:

KSC territory will be defined as that square of elevated land around it.

I carried a parachute all the way, but didn\'t use it. You should do the same, if you want to be a REAL man. :)

The lander does not need to survive. The crew, however, does.

I\'ll start

screenshot5sc.th.png

screenshot2vy.th.png

Edit: Oh, common! Why the lack of answers? At least tell me what\'s wrong with it...

The idea is quite simple:

The catch? You must 'power land' and you can only use vanilla parts, and lander legs.

It shouldn\'t be too difficult, I\'m mostly just curious to see how many people are able to do it/have done it, so feel free to post without any 'evidence'.

I guess the 'evidence' should be two screenshots: one of the ship on the Mun, and the other of one on the ground.

More Specific:

KSC territory will be defined as that square of elevated land around it.

I carried a parachute all the way, but didn\'t use it. You should do the same, if you want to be a REAL man. :)

The lander does not need to survive. The crew, however, does.

I\'ll start

screenshot5sc.th.png

screenshot2vy.th.png

Edit: Oh, common! Why the lack of answers? At least tell me what\'s wrong with it...

Well, every single non-explosive mun landing EVER has been a power landing... there is no atmosphere, thus parachutes cannot work, and thus the only way to land is with some sort of power.

Other than the reply obviously telling us that the meaning of (Bold text):

Was completely misinterpreted, no there\'s nothing wrong with it at all.

Glide to the landing point, then detach with you capsule, an RCS tank, and enough rcs modules to simply hold your crew up. I\'ll do that later though, too lazy.

Since I can think outside the box, that means I can also think inside the chimney! can you think inside the chimney?

I didn\'t think so!

Well, it\'s a challenge! :) I think two full fuel tanks will be enough to slow down and land (once your heading towards the ground), assuming you got your targeting perfect.

And you slow to a reasonable orbit....

If you really want to make it hard..

No ASAS

No RCS

No fuel lines

No radially attached fuel tanks

No map

Can you, the challenge-maker, do that? :P

Let\'s call this Level 2, and keep the original layout of the challenge as Level 1. So the question is, can you do it once, then do it again with less?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.