Welcome a new Kerbanaut.

TheIV

Well, not exactly new, but before today I was not registered on this forums.

I was toying with KSP for a while with some mods. But after a disc wipe i decided to stick to mere or less stock parts. Currently I have MechJeb, Crew Manifest and Chatterer for some ambiance:).

So moving to the actual topic: my first project in brand-new loads-of-parts-free KSP is to build a modular system capable of constructing space stations and interplanetary ships. It resulted in quite sturdy piece of space junk.

Characteristics:

Cupola cockpit; ASAS module*3; large remote control module*4; jumbo tank*2; large solar panel*2; 1x6 solar panels*4; large docking port*4; common docking port*4; Hitchhiker module; MechJeb module; Jebidiah Kerman. Max Electric charge: 8755; Max Monopropellent 1290 (851 left); Max fuel: 6660; Max oxi: 8140. My main problem is that engine module consisting of 4 atomic engines had fatal design flaw resulting in ripping it apart during final staging.

Whole thing in orbit currently has mass of 108.10 t.

My question to the experienced spacejunk engineers is what engine block can make this trash bin reach other planets without killing Jeb with old age?

Also how many fuel will i need? I had a kethane drilling munbase before so I have at least some experience.

P.S.: I know my rocket is ugly but i wanted to put whole thing in orbit in one run without whole rendezvous routine. Was kinda cool, Apollo style too.

hI8hzTx.jpg

B20AmxU.jpg

Thanks for your kindness, sorry for double post - it was a hiccup in mah browser.

Also here is a fresh photo of Bill chilling at north pole after orbital drop test of my new control, escape, landing and survival module for large crafts. It should even have enough oomph to reach Mun orbit from surface but it is not a goal of this design.

HznuRew.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.