What's the planet that compells you most?

Rage097

Several people have a celestial body that they obsess over. For me, It's Minmus. It's just something about it that exhibits a compulsionary effect that causes me to keep landing on it forever and ever.

Does anyone else feel like they're being compelled to do most of their stuff on a particular celestial body?

1: Duna

2: Pol/Eeloo

I really love Pol and Eeloo the most, but have to put Duna on top because it has an atmosphere, is more accessible and has anomalies.

I really dont like Laythe tbh, dont know why :huh:

Edited by Conzolax

Despite having visited all the planets and moons, Mun still holds a special fascination for me, especially since the surface re-texture in the latest release. No waiting for transfer windows, loads of anomalies, and a fascinating surface to explore. Wonderful.

Whilst Eve might be in some people's opinion the hardest to land kerbals on and return (and it might well be, I haven't checked the facts), I have always set Tylo as my ultimate ambition.

Due to the pressure on Eve being inhumane and the temperatures and volatile substances, as beautiful as it is, I do see it as slightly unrealistic to just drop a lander there with kerbonauts and leave them until they come back. When I do my Eve mission, I'm going to set up a proper infrastructure and everything, I guess that just makes it fun for me.

Tylo however, I know that aside from possible intense radiation, it's just a matter of TWR and good engineering, you've got to go via rockets on the way down, and the way up. It also looks awesome.

Whilst Eve might be in some people's opinion the hardest to land kerbals on and return (and it might well be, I haven't checked the facts), I have always set Tylo as my ultimate ambition.

Due to the pressure on Eve being inhumane and the temperatures and volatile substances, as beautiful as it is, I do see it as slightly unrealistic to just drop a lander there with kerbonauts and leave them until they come back. When I do my Eve mission, I'm going to set up a proper infrastructure and everything, I guess that just makes it fun for me.

Tylo however, I know that aside from possible intense radiation, it's just a matter of TWR and good engineering, you've got to go via rockets on the way down, and the way up. It also looks awesome.

Aargh, Tylo is horrible!

I found Eve OK to return from - I simply equipped the ship with a few extra orange tanks and relied only on the atmosphere to slow me down enough to make a safe landing. Anywhere is easy to take off from if you have enough fuel - the trick is getting the fuel there in the first place.

For Tylo however you can't aerobrake, and so landing the spare fuel itself requires even more fuel. I'm tempted to simply send over a kethane drilling platform and use kethane to refuel, but I'd rather finish the job with stock parts if I possibly can.

MOHO...Because its so damn elusive and warm (not that i know how warm it is cos i cant get a ship there!). I have 12 kerbals aimlesly floating around space after several failed moho attempts. I'm currently at 5500ms of dv from a kerbin orbit...and i still cant get there...let alone get home again!

MOHO...Because its so damn elusive and warm (not that i know how warm it is cos i cant get a ship there!). I have 12 kerbals aimlesly floating around space after several failed moho attempts. I'm currently at 5500ms of dv from a kerbin orbit...and i still cant get there...let alone get home again!

Two things that make it far easier to get to Moho:

1. Ignore launch windows. Moho orbits so fast you can normally sort things out. Instead burn to escape Kerbin at the point where Kerbin is at one of the nodes relative to Moho and do your plane change maneuver in the escape burn. That will save dV (as the most common way of failing the Moho transfer is doing a 2+ km/s plane change in Solar orbit)

2. After leaving Kerbin try and set yourself up with minimal fuel to encounter Eve. The gravity assist you can get from that will save you at least a km/s.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.