The Mother Of All Drop Ships...

Ok, for your viewing pleasure... (heh!)

Started out ok.

Jeb is insanely happy.

screenshot89.png

Trying to follow the flight path suggested. Flipped out once but recovered.

screenshot90.png

Ok, decided that I'm not going to space today. So I must land, anywhere. That looks like a good spot.

screenshot91.png

Slowing my descent and killing my forward motion.

screenshot93.png

Fully on jets and bumping my rockets to set her down.

screenshot94.png

Damn! Thought I had it. Just a bit to fast I think.

screenshot95.png

Nuts, Jeb didn't survive. Whelp, back to the clone tank.

I think I needed to change my control from here a bit sooner. Oh well. At first you don't succeed.

Just so we are clear here. The craft performed fantastic. I was the error. :)

Edited by BostLabs

Ok, for your viewing pleasure... (heh!)

Started out ok.

Jeb is insanely happy.

Trying to follow the flight path suggested. Flipped out once but recovered.

Ok, decided that I'm not going to space today. So I must land, anywhere. That looks like a good spot.

Slowing my descent and killing my forward motion.

Fully on jets and bumping my rockets to set her down.

Damn! Thought I had it. Just a bit to fast I think.

Nuts, Jeb didn't survive. Whelp, back to the clone tank.

I think I needed to change my control from here a bit sooner. Oh well. At first you don't succeed.

Just so we are clear here. The craft performed fantastic. I was the error. :)

Nooooooooooooo! With a bit of hindsight the parachute abort system may not have been such a bad idea after all. :( At least you weren't carrying passengers figuring out which body part belongs to who is such a bore. With the control thing pressing C will swap you over to cockpit orientation quickly. Hope your next mission goes a bit smoother, and thanks for posting the pics it's always great to see! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Nooooooooooooo! With a bit of hindsight the parachute abort system may not have been such a bad idea after all. :( At least you weren't carrying passengers figuring out which body part belongs to who is such a bore. With the control thing pressing C will swap you over to cockpit orientation quickly. Hope your next mission goes a bit smoother, and thanks for posting the pics it's always great to see! :)

Cupcake...

As this is just the second time I've flown one of your fine craft, I'm not surprised of the outcome. :D

I've flown 3 SSTO's. As with rockets, it took me a while before I had it figured out where I could recover enough from a problem and bring it down in one piece. I'll get it. I think I need to practice taking off, moving a bit and then landing it. Then go for space. :)

I've been avoiding SSTO's for a while. Time to correct my lack of skill in this area. :D

As this is just the second time I've flown one of your fine craft, I'm not surprised of the outcome. :D

I've flown 3 SSTO's. As with rockets, it took me a while before I had it figured out where I could recover enough from a problem and bring it down in one piece. I'll get it. I think I need to practice taking off, moving a bit and then landing it. Then go for space. :)

I've been avoiding SSTO's for a while. Time to correct my lack of skill in this area. :D

The Queen Bee is more challenging to fly them most of my other craft due to its size and engine layout, the critical burn from 25,000m also takes a bit of practise but I'm sure you'll get there. It might be worth trying the Stratos or Scythe too, they've only got the one jet engine so you won't have any trouble from flame-outs. A Joystick is also preferable if you haven't got one already. :wink:

Cupcake...

Guess so, although I've decided to go ugly and work on your lifter design/long range utility drop ship instead. Works progressing quite well, if nothing goes wrong it should be ready for release next weekend. The big tank on the top is the current maximum payload to orbit, not bad really, that's roughly the equivilent of one Minnow or two Scythes. I'm thinking of calling it the Bulldog, as it does sort of resemble a dog, at least I think so anyway. :)

Cupcake...

L799byM.jpg

That thing is an absolute brute! I love it. Guess I need to make a cargo SSTO as well, can't let you beet me to the punch without a fight!:sticktongue:

That thing is an absolute brute! I love it. Guess I need to make a cargo SSTO as well, can't let you beet me to the punch without a fight!:sticktongue:

Meanwhile at the Cupcake Landers Design Cupboard.

Ring Ring....

"Hello, is that Foxcom? Yes, Cupcake Landers. Listen we need to move the deadline forward, a rival firm is trying to steal our thunder... You'll lock them in and whip them? That's wonderful I knew you'd help us out... She's fine thankyou, and how's Gloria... Oh... Broken in 12 places you say... Oh yes, come to think of it you did mention it, anyway must be going, thanks again... Bye..."

Click...

Edited by Cupcake...

The Queen Bee is more challenging to fly them most of my other craft due to its size and engine layout, the critical burn from 25,000m also takes a bit of practise but I'm sure you'll get there. It might be worth trying the Stratos or Scythe too, they've only got the one jet engine so you won't have any trouble from flame-outs. A Joystick is also preferable if you haven't got one already. :wink:

Cupcake...

Ahh, Joystick. Yeah I have one of those around here somewhere.

I love how you clipped the rockets into the jets. I would've thought that the clipping would interfere with the thrust. Makes for a nice stock sabre engine!

It does the job. :) They're a bit on the delicate side compared to other engines I've clipped (the LV-909s are just perfect), but provided they don't hit the ground they work great.

Need...Moar...VTOLS...

(So I can go to the launch party to get all the food and hang out with cupcake more :blush:)

There haven't been any explosions at the spaceport for a while, this can only mean one thing, a new VTOL is coming. :wink: 0g foam party anyone?

Cupcake...

Wouldn't that be... um... messy? :P

Can't be worse then the ones back on earth. The last one I went to was like a blizzard, in fact it took a whole week for somebody to find me. I survived by scavenging some Doritos that fell on the floor and fragments of peanut that somebody had stepped in. ;.; Still, what doesn't kill you only gives you rashes. :)

Cupcake...

Jeb feels cheated, he made me download this and then he went looking for the pool and the spa...

When he worked out you lied to him, he walked out muttering something about hunting you down and making you pay.

:)

Dear Sir,

Cupcake Landers Incorporated and their affiliate companies only provide the basic Queen Bee airframe, with the choice of fittings and trim up to the purchasers. We would like to make it clear that the concept renderings of the cabin and roller skate rink were published as a guide only, and should not be taken as fact. Please study the attached examples.

THE DREAM

071025_A380_suite.jpg

1282756.jpg

THE REALITY

article-1077793-0045BADC00000258-456_468x286.jpg

delhi-5396124.jpg

While we sincerely regret your Kerbals distress we suspect the fault lies with the purchasing company, most likely Easyjet or Ryan Air who have so far ordered the most Queen Bees out of anyone. While Cupcake would be more then happy to refund the cost of Jeb's ticket he is currently on route to somewhere in Latin America and may not be back for sometime. In the meantime we recommend taking up the issue with the carrier airline.

Yours Sincerly

Gerald, K, Gouldbloom HON, MBA

Cupcake Landers Legal Dept

Edited by Cupcake...

Hey Cupcake...

I'll just leave these her for you..

Ye aint da only one 'round ere who got them ther VTOLS.

(P.S. not trying to mooch off of cupcake's thread, but I did promise him some healthy competition :wink:)

:0.0: With a detachable cargo hold in the middle! I feel faint, must sit down... If he gets rid of the horizontal engines we're sunk! Seriously though that thing is a monster, how does it handle? :)

Cupcake...

:0.0: With a detachable cargo hold in the middle! I feel faint, must sit down... If he gets rid of the horizontal engines we're sunk! Seriously though that thing is a monster, how does it handle? :)

Cupcake...

That's not a detachable cargo hold, just wanted to demonstrate it could carry the same payload weight as yours :sticktongue: And it handles remarkably well, I'm sure due in no small part to the 12 SAS modules on it lol. That, and this design makes it easy as blarg to line up the center of Mass on the cargo bay, so it's almost perfectly balanced as of right now. And the Horizontal engines aren't coming off, so it won't be a true "drop ship", so you'll still have claim to that title :wink:

That's not a detachable cargo hold, just wanted to demonstrate it could carry the same payload weight as yours :sticktongue: And it handles remarkably well, I'm sure due in no small part to the 12 SAS modules on it lol. That, and this design makes it easy as blarg to line up the center of Mass on the cargo bay, so it's almost perfectly balanced as of right now. And the Horizontal engines aren't coming off, so it won't be a true "drop ship", so you'll still have claim to that title :wink:

12 SAS Units! That thing will do backflips just by looking at the controls. :D

Cupcake is literally bigger than the Beatles, and, due to the transitive property of addition, is bigger than Jesus

Went outside to test theory, waited two hours in the rain to be mobbed by screaming hormonal fans/disciples. Nobody came. Went back inside and ate cookies to feel better. ;.;

It did get me thinking about posting a "How would Jesus play KSP?" Thread. Granted, the KSP forums might not be the best place for such serious theological discussion, and yes the thread would inevitably serve as a troll magnet and most likely be shut down after the first 2 1/4 pages, but by god it would be entertaining while it lasted. :)

Cupcake...

Cupcake, you challenge The Magnificent Bastard for his title

Just had a better look at your profile picture, I always thought it was a rather fetching looking lady in tight blue jeans. Now I see it's actually a storm trouper... :blush: That can't be normal.

Cupcake...

Just had a better look at your profile picture, I always thought it was a rather fetching looking lady in tight blue jeans. Now I see it's actually a storm trouper... :blush: That can't be normal.

Cupcake...

Hah! Your not the only one who saw that cupcake. Mind = blown.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.