The Falcon-42

falcontitle1.png

So far she is the most badass carrier superjet I have ever seen (and made).

The Falcon-42 is huge, and with struts, mid-air warping of the sheet metal from down the street will be no more. Speed can be upgraded as a replacement for fuel efficiency, but more modes will come about in the future. See that nose cone at the tippy top? That would be your mother a standard command module.

falcontitle2.png

Like the Hawk, it is so big it could be any type of plane from here on end. Bombers, shuttle deployers, and much more. Only time will tell.

Gliding is no problemo, and the wingspan can easily bear the entire craft. The popular X-wing design within Forty-Two industries was improved upon and paved good roads of knowledge for future projects.

A .craft file will not be posted yet, because this ship is mostly for an \'oh snap\' moment.

When I saw this, I had no words, just unintelligible sounds.

Just that it\'s taller than the launch tower is saying something. How well does it glide?

Gliding is no problemo, and the wingspan can easily bear the entire craft. The popular X-wing design within Forty-Two industries was improved upon and paved good roads of knowledge for future projects.

from the original post xD

Landing gear is still in the works, THAT is kerbal!

Apparently, one of the Shiva series managed to reach orbital velocities in the atmosphere.

..The bar is being set quite high, isn\'t it? At this rate.. I don\'t think I\'ll ever manage to compete. >.<;

At 40 km, the atmosphere is quite minute. I sacrificed half of my fuel efficiency for power and i easily got 7km/s at that level. There is no way he could of got 6km/s under 20km without .cfg edits, that\'s impossible.

So right now I would say his bar is too low for me to limbo under, yet...

No .cfg edits on the first craft, it\'s just very light and has huge amounts of power. (I\'m using nova\'s engines, by the way, should you be confused as to how I\'m doing it)

The way to do it is start around 35000 and accelerate to 7km/s, then very carefully go down to 20km, 6500m/s is just about doable if you have the power. You won\'t sustain it for very long, because at that altitude, you\'re going to be full throttle and very very unstable.

Would either of you fine gents care to try to test out this child of insanity?

The only pack it used other than the ones listed in your posts is Tiberion\'s shuttle pack got an engine mount or two and some engines. Not OP ones, mind you.. Though the gimbal range is a little.. Bonkers on one.

..I really don\'t want to fly this thing anymore, and it probably needs a redesign anyways. And it probably doesn\'t even come close to what yours can do.. But, again, meh. I tried.

While editing the Falcon into a shorter craft, things get faster, but they fuel doesn\'t last nearly as long, taking us about only one minute to completely drain them

My mini version of the Falcon got a crazy 1140m/s at 4000 meters, in 30 seconds. but how is that useful to me... *facepalm*

I\'m getting off too, cya guys...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.