A1 Triple-Kill Bomber Plane

FiahOwl

Guest GroundHOG-2010

When was over kill ever bad?

Better than under kill.. 8)

I disagree. Overkill is what pushes weight up, leading to reduced speed an fuel efficacy.

I disagree. Overkill is what pushes weight up, leading to reduced speed an fuel efficacy.

The railguns are not even that heavy... And with the swept-back design of the wings, they provide immense lift which gives it a huge gliding advantage. Speed isn\'t everything, plus with fuel lines he can connect those small fuel tanks to the larger ones for longer burns.

The railguns are not even that heavy... And with the swept-back design of the wings, they provide immense lift which gives it a huge gliding advantage. Speed isn\'t everything, plus with fuel lines he can connect those small fuel tanks to the larger ones for longer burns.

Actually, the plane is ONE OF THE MOST MANEUVERABLE AND CONTROLLABLE THINGS IVE EVER FLOWN ???! Sorry, just needed to express my shock to you :P

Then why are you complaining about fuel efficiency when it has the potential to glide around the world? :P

I managed to get the Storm Petrel to glide over a mountain before crashing into another one.

I think gliding is a little overated here, because it encourages underestimation. And underestimation was only ever a good thing when arrogant aggressive people got socked in the face by the underdog.

I managed to get the Storm Petrel to glide over a mountain before crashing into another one.

I think gliding is a little overated here, because it encourages underestimation. And underestimation was only ever a good thing when arrogant aggressive people got socked in the face by the underdog.

Gliding might not be as kerbal as burningthrough the atmosphere, but it is so worth it in the end...

Basically free distance you are covering. But this can vary from plane to plane.

Gliding might not be as kerbal as burningthrough the atmosphere, but it is so worth it in the end...

Basically free distance you are covering. But this can vary from plane to plane.

I suppose you have to take into account the fact that the Storm Petrel summoned less lift from its wings, and carried an orbital insertion engine that just made it spin around.

Veto may also begin work on a spaceplane that is capable of air and space flight. Perhaps will be tough. Probable solution: use six-point-symmetry with engine mount wings. Fit aerothrusters to all of them. Make that first stage. Make second stage look like a plane. Fly it in space, fly it in air. Hopefully simples.

I suppose you have to take into account the fact that the Storm Petrel summoned less lift from its wings, and carried an orbital insertion engine that just made it spin around.

Veto may also begin work on a spaceplane that is capable of air and space flight. Perhaps will be tough. Probable solution: use six-point-symmetry with engine mount wings. Fit aerothrusters to all of them. Make that first stage. Make second stage look like a plane. Fly it in space, fly it in air. Hopefully simples.

RCS is very important up there with large spaceplanes, don\'t leave home without it xD

RCS is very important up there with large spaceplanes, don\'t leave home without it xD

Bear in mind the Storm Petrel is a two-stager. On the original, the RCS worked fine, but the spaceplane was highly unstable. On the \'Aeronaut\' variant, the pontoons make the entire vessel unstable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.