Orbital mechanics and whatnots

Are there any plugins that work with the maneuver node system to display realtime values of projected result orbits? I want to better understand how to work with maneuver nodes, and while the visual dotted lines do help, I'm also a numbers guy. I'd care to know what a projected orbit's inclination, semimajor axis, rotational period, or perhaps even corresponding-ground-location data would be on a new orbit prior to a burn. The existing node system allows me to manually modify input variables on a m/s basis, but it won't tell me anything about the results of my input changes other than visually. For example, which this function, I can imagine that it would be a lot less enticing to use MJ's circularize functions, especially seeing as working with semimajor axis values and rotational periods in mind would very quickly allow me to surpass MJ's abilities entirely.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's anything that has exactly what you're looking for, but there are a number of plugins that allow you to fine-tune maneuver nodes by adding values incrementally, like the PreciseNode plugin. Arrowstar's Trajectory Optimization Tool has a few different maneuver planners you can use for specific operations (two-craft rendezvous, planetary launch windows, Hohmann transfers between two orbits), but it's a bit limited as well.

Since you mentioned you're a numbers guy, I'm going to hook you up with a website that has pretty much every equation you can use to calculate orbital parameters. If you know how to program (or even just how to set up an Excel spreadsheet) you might be able to come up with a calculator of your own using this information.

Thanks for this, I'll check them out forthwith. Though, to clarify on my OP, I guess I was just noticing that wth all the functions of the node system, there's a lot of fine-tuned input functionality, but I was hoping to fine tune my output. As it stands, I need a much better understanding of orbital mechanics than I already do to be able to work on the input-only side of things (and commensurately, I'd also need much better flying skill than I already have to pull that **** off.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.