Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Is anyone else unable to take parts from a container?

I can pick up the container and move it but clicking "take" on anything inside but nothing happens.

It's been mentioned numerous times. It's likely due to a change made in 0.24.1.

Is anyone else unable to take parts from a container?

I can pick up the container and move it but clicking "take" on anything inside but nothing happens.

Please read at least two pages of the discussion before posting. You're at least the fourth person to report this.

Please read at least two pages of the discussion before posting. You're at least the fourth person to report this.

Rude. You could of at least quoted anything that related to my question rather than just moaning. In my experience that's how forum's work - as annoying as it can be, the most reasonable thing to do is just help. Keep this in mind for next time you feel like moaning.

Rude. You could of at least quoted anything that related to my question rather than just moaning. In my experience that's how forum's work - as annoying as it can be, the most reasonable thing to do is just help. Keep this in mind for next time you feel like moaning.

Most forum topics you are going to find the answer to recent questions 2-10 pages back. Quoting would take us regulars as much time as it would take you to read back a couple pages. KSP forum's interface and lack of quote pyramids actually makes this more time consuming. Stop trying to save yourself time by offloading that time onto someone else.

great ksp did ANOTHER ....ing update, which means the kas update progress has backtracked a little

Blast SQUAD for making the game better and not thinking of the modding community!!!! ......Honestly it takes time to work the code and what SQUAD did fix were some issues in the 64x client (that everyone whined for for a very long time) so there is bound to be problems with the mods. It is not entirely SQUADS fault either when someone refuses to let others help work the code while they are unable to work on it.

Blast SQUAD for making the game better and not thinking of the modding community!!!! ......Honestly it takes time to work the code and what SQUAD did fix were some issues in the 64x client (that everyone whined for for a very long time) so there is bound to be problems with the mods. It is not entirely SQUADS fault either when someone refuses to let others help work the code while they are unable to work on it.

Majiir has granted a temporary (Until an official release) open license to distribute a fixed .dll, it's just no one's really fixed it yet other than some basic stuff like the version checker.

I tried looking at why the container module isn't being loaded correctly but couldn't see anything wrong with the code itself. It must be conflicting with something added in .24.1, but I have no idea what.

On this matter, I don't know if I'm helping, but I'm using whaaw's fixed DLL (the one that comes in a RAR file) on 64-bit Linux version:

1. it does SHOW a uncompatible warning window;

2. it grabs things without blowing anything up;

3. I can STORE things in a container, but unfortunately, I can't TAKE things from a container...

On this matter, I don't know if I'm helping, but I'm using whaaw's fixed DLL (the one that comes in a RAR file) on 64-bit Linux version:

1. it does SHOW a uncompatible warning window;

2. it grabs things without blowing anything up;

3. I can STORE things in a container, but unfortunately, I can't TAKE things from a container...

i added 24.1 and 24.2 compile i hope it works for linux users i removed the version checker.

POST #1340

Edited by whaaw

0.24.2 also added

I can confirm that KAS is working flawlessly on 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit. That's with your 0.24.1 dll. I'll test your 0.24.2 dll now.

EDIT: Can confirm. KAS with your 0.24.2 patch works flawlessly on KSP 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit.

Edited by Phazon8058

I can confirm that KAS is working flawlessly on 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit. That's with your 0.24.1 dll. I'll test your 0.24.2 dll now.

EDIT: Can confirm. KAS with your 0.24.2 patch works flawlessly on KSP 0.24.2 for Windows 32-bit.

Seconded. I can confirm that your x64 dll patch has fixed my container grab issues in an over-modded x32 install, though I still have explodey issues with grabbing parts that are parents in assemblies.

Seconded. I can confirm that your x64 dll patch has fixed my container grab issues in an over-modded x32 install, though I still have explodey issues with grabbing parts that are parents in assemblies.

I have to confirm that too on a x64 lightly modded game.

To be clear on this explodey issue... the trigger for boom is grabbing a Parent Part in a part tree? Does that mean grabbing parts that are apart of the original craft, or are the top level part as listed in the craft file?

Alacrity

To be clear on this explodey issue... the trigger for boom is grabbing a Parent Part in a part tree? Does that mean grabbing parts that are apart of the original craft, or are the top level part as listed in the craft file?

Alacrity

Its a weird and inconsistent event. The parts in question are part of the craft assembly, but not THE parent part. I.e. a ground pylon > 2 x IR servos > 2 x Rovemax R1s, and a thruster block square in the middle of the pylon. When I Grab the pylon, all hell of explodey feces hits the CO2 scrubber fan. Net result is that the pylon, servos and wheels are now on Jeb's back, but the wheels are broken and the thruster block is paying a visit to the kraken.

In contrast, when I Grab one of the symmetry pylons (just a pylon with a thruster block) it attaches to Jeb's back as normal, then the block just slides off the pylon and promptly explodes on the ground, turning Bill and Jeb's excellent adventure into a most uncool and bogus journey.

Edited by SirSnoopy
misquote

One addition the bin contents window could use is a Close button. If you're running lower resolutions the window covers the whole screen then it has to be dragged off to the side or down to get at the button on the rightclick popup.

Made some code changes... Managed to grab the Pipe End Point 100% of the time now, but still have a slight phantom force (enough to bounce a 1 tonne spacecraft up 10 meters)... I have no idea what's causing this phantom force ._.