[0.23.5] TreeLoader - Custom Career Tech-tree Loader 1.1.5

r4m0n

does this work in 0.24 x32bit

Yeah it does. However, certain tech trees seem to have some issues. From what I've been reading and experiencing it appears that treeloader doesn't like more than a certain number of tech nodes.

I can't say as I haven't tried it.

Just download it to a fresh KSP copy and try just this out with the yargnit tree. I'd play a little ways in though to be sure. My issues didn't pop up till a few flights in.

HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.SPACECENTER

needs to be replaced with

(HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.SPACECENTER | HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.SCIENCE_SANDBOX)

I've tried to compile a fix, but the source is missing a definition for TreeListItemData. As far as I can tell, this means that the source provided is incomplete.

I've tried to compile a fix, but the source is missing a definition for TreeListItemData. As far as I can tell, this means that the source provided is incomplete.

I was having a look at the source for a different problem and it seems the source linked to is for 1.0 rather than the current version of the DLL.

so that means no more treeloader??? D:

No it means one of the following

1. r4mon who is still active on the forums updates the link to the source code to provide the source code for the current version in accordance with the forums rules.

2. Someone salvages the 1.0 source forks it and makes it work

3. We all just keep doing what we are doing and hope it keeps on working.

4. Someone make an original replacement

5. Someone does internet sleuthing and finds this was all a misunderstanding and that he did post it somewhere he just forgot to update the forum link.

6. Someone claims #5 but really they just broke out a decompiler and made a burner media fire account.

I'm not sure if there's other functionality that the code needs, but TreeListItemData doesn't seem to do much. You could satisfy the provided source by creating the class with a public constructor:

TreeListItemData(int, string, bool, bool, bool)

And a public field:

string id;

I'm pretty sure the TreeListItemData is only used during the initial tree list box selection and on-line version checking process, so you could comfortably skip it with little consequence.

Note that forking TreeLoader is not permitted by R4m0n's license (All Rights Reserved.) It would be really nice if someone would create a permissive-license version of this mod. (Or better yet, if Squad made the tech tree config configurable.)

Edited by Mr Shifty

hello all i would like to post an issue i encountered using treeloader 1.1.5 and cvod's custom tree (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90938-WIP-Mod-Oriented-Tech-Tree-(August-19-v0-1-05) (thou i don't know if the issue is related to the tech tree) i managed to find a fix for it if someone else is having the same issue as i described here (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91194-help-please) you could try what i did (Basically revert to an older version of treeloader 1.1.3)

i'am running 0.24.2 x32 with a lot of mods i hope this helps someone and sorry for the intrusion :)

P.S

there is an error with cvod's tech tree but nothing game breaking maybe it has to do with treeloader the error occurs on both versions i tried (1.1.5 and 1.1.3)

so maybe someone can look at that too

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RDNode.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithTy pe(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)

UnityEngine.GameObject:.ctor(String, Type[])

TreeEdit.TreeLoader:AddNode()

TreeEdit.TreeLoader:LoadNodes(String)

TreeEdit.TreeLoader:Update()

does any1 know if yargnit tree v1 works no problem???

You originally asked this almost two weeks ago. In this time you could have very easily tested this yourself.

Download Treeloader, unpack it to your GameData folder, start the game. Once you start a new game you will get a selection of trees to try. Click on yargnit and try playing for a bit.

It really shouldn't take you more than 30-60m to verify whether it works or not.

You originally asked this almost two weeks ago. In this time you could have very easily tested this yourself.

Download Treeloader, unpack it to your GameData folder, start the game. Once you start a new game you will get a selection of trees to try. Click on yargnit and try playing for a bit.

It really shouldn't take you more than 30-60m to verify whether it works or not.

i dont want to start a full career game and then have to give up because i realised it ....ed itself up the rear end. thats not the sort of person i am

i dont want to start a full career game and then have to give up because i realised it ....ed itself up the rear end. thats not the sort of person i am

or alternatively you can cheat for science unlock all nodes see if it fits your play style (or see if the nodes are unlocking as they should ) but don't expect others to do that for you

ok did a quick cheaty test of yargnits v1 tree, all seems to function aprt from, one minor issue, when you unlock one or a set of specific nodes, it will glitch all the links, BUT this can be fixed by going out the research place then going back in, this will fix that issue, and all will be peachy again

also the missions appear to be in working order, theres a slight hitch at the start but that can be easily averted

Edited by BLUESHADOW125

never mind, i just reloaded ksp and the entire tech tree is ....ED, its extremely spaced about nodes missing and nodes requiring more research again. DO NOT USE i repeat DO NOT USE this mod is officially broken

try this excellent tree made by cvod

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90938-WIP-Mod-Oriented-Tech-Tree-(August-19-v0-1-05)

i wouldnt risk it, if the basic yargnit tree crashed i am almost certain this one will aswell, if you want to run an extensive test on the tree (unlock all nodes, exit game, rel0ad game note bugs) then go ahead

i wouldnt risk it, if the basic yargnit tree crashed i am almost certain this one will aswell, if you want to run an extensive test on the tree (unlock all nodes, exit game, rel0ad game note bugs) then go ahead

i have no crashes with cvod's tech tree its working very good

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.