[0.23.5] TreeLoader - Custom Career Tech-tree Loader 1.1.5

r4m0n

Hi,

This MOD isnt obsolete - I used it just fine in version 24 altho I had other problems with v24.2

I havnt tried tree manager yet but I am gonna look into it this trip I guess ...

Sometimes ya just have to move on ...

I will still try tree loader and my way of using it in v25 ! I will post later ...

Cmdr Zeta

TreeLoader does not work in .25. This has been pretty exhaustively tested if you look back at the last few pages of this thread.

The mod is considered obsolete because 1) the developer is no longer working on or supporting it, 2) the licensing prevents another developer from picking up support for it, and 3) there is a fully compatible and functional alternative that has already been release, and is actively being developed and supported. Those 3 factors combined make it so there is no reason for anyone to continue using this mod, unless they are running an older version of KSP.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I use techmanager for loading my custom tree but as for designing the tree forget it; and the new TED is difficult at best and not as easy as using tree-edit and version 24 to design the tree then simply port it over to .25/90; I plan on restarting my streams soon and have to reload ALL my mods so I might as well go stream it.

Yes you have to change a line or 2 in the tree.cfg file and I only use one tree in the techmanager dir; it is so much easier to use visual references for parts.

You can ALSO port all the parts (parts only not dlls!) from 90 to v24; then just move the new tree.cfg file with the added lines into the techmanager dir; it is in my opinion that the use of visual references for parts makes moving them in the nodes 100 times easier than from a drop-down list; especially when there are 100 parts or so to move (to my liking).

So, treeloader and the old treeEdit dlls are NOT obsolete; happy node surfing !

Cmdr Zeta :cool:

Hello,

I am using KSP v24 and porting my v90 MODS to it and running an older version of TreeEdit and Treeloader 1.1.5 and having a jolly time setting up all my MODS except for a scant few which parts arnt showing up for some reason; manually editing those aint much of a problem.

I can tell you that this system above is 10 times or more 'faster' than TED Tree Editor ever thought of being; it is 'essential' to see the parts you want to move in the tree, and the naming conventions for the parts; I dunno; bad? TED is extremely sloooww.

I am therefore asking to please update TreeEdit for KSP v90; there is absolutely no reason why TreeEdit and Techmanager cant work together even if you have to unload TreeEdit/Treeloader and do a game restart when your 'Tree' is complete.

I am running live streams of my tree design work; catch em before they get dropped cause I am only saving 1 or 2 streams.

I also managed to drop the graphics settings down and saved 1.5 gigs of game RAM (!) so now I can add almost all my mods in v24 for my Tree design !

The other problem is that if I had (which I did before my disk drive died) an older version of Active Texture Management I could add even more MODS (hint hint)...

This project has saved my KSP Modded game; there is now way I would be playing KSP without it I would have quit a year ago.

Cmdr Zeta

• 2 years later...
19 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2?  Any similar mods for 1.2.2?

No. But you don't need a mod as it's part of stock now. Either edit the tech tree by hand or, preferably, use MM to make yourself a patch. 

Edited by Three_Pounds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.