Career mode is way too easy. Lets talk about the ways to change it

nhnifong

So I'm advancing about two tiers per flight ;) Harv said it's supposed to be approachable for new players but that doesn't mean we can't make our own hard-mode right?

The easiest way to make it harder would just be refrain from buying a tier until you have 10x it's required cost or something, decide your own multiplier, but that seems right to me. Roughly five flights per tier is what a new player might be doing. But that's kind of inconvenient.

There's got to be a more programmatic way

Am I right in assuming that I run through my ScienceDefs.cfg file (programmatically) and replace all the baseValue with a value multiplied by a constant of my choosing?

Are there any other values that need changing?

well Scott Manley can max out the tree in 3 missions, and i'm sure that there's equally competent players out there, its more the "fun" foundation of career mode, so that new players can be slowly introduced to new parts, and work out the advantages and disadvantages of parts that appear similar. it prob won't be much of a challenge for you lot until the other aspects such as funding is introduced. Im just sad i dont have time to play it, as im hoping career will make me a decent player, had this game for almost a year and still cant land on the mun without something exploding...