This is how you do radial decouplers when you dont have any :)

RawChicken

Doing the tech tree research, I wanted to push the limits going farther than I should. This is how you do radial decouplers when you shoudnt!

This was made without the debug menu, no part clipping, 100% legit.

Add a small fuel tank and stick decouplers beneath it. I got to Mün with this baby only after the first research node!

Enjoy!!

-RawChicken Corp.

XRlXwUn.png

Edited by RawChicken

Doing the tech tree research, I wanted to push the limits going farther than I should. This is how you do radial decouplers when you shoudnt!

Add a small fuel tank and stick decouplers beneath it. I got to Mün with this baby only after the first research node!

Enjoy!!

-RawChicken Corp.

XRlXwUn.png

I don't see a picture?

there's an easier way for that :)

kSiQTNDl.png

i used a x2 symmetry on a modular girder segment, which i clipped inside the fuel tank - then, i added the decouplers on the modular girder, and finished by attaching radially the SRB's to the decouplers :)

part clipping....

what's the point of playing career mode then

you are playing a game mode that the game puts extra part constraints to you and you allow something with debug mode which the game usually doesnt allow.

best logic.

part clipping....

what's the point of playing career mode then

you are playing a game mode that the game puts extra part constraints to you and you allow something with debug mode which the game usually doesnt allow.

best logic.

I did not use the debug menu or part clipping cheat. It is 100% legit

You can have the girder stick out if you prefer. Then it doesn't clip.

People working on challenges have been doing this with a cube strut and a probe decoupler for a while. It saves you 10kg compared to a radial decoupler. Now we have an excuse to do it in career mode. However, without fuel lines, I'm not convinced that radial decoupling is really important. Might as well just make a stage with all five engines burning out simultaneously, no?

However, without fuel lines, I'm not convinced that radial decoupling is really important. Might as well just make a stage with all five engines burning out simultaneously, no?

Radial decoupling lets you get rid of SRBs (which burn out faster.)

It lets you have radial liquid boosters with shorter tanks than the main one. (Dropping them sooner and saving weight)

It lets you drop radial boosters, THEN light the central engine (This is basically an extra stage, but not as tall so more stable and easier to steer.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.