Suggested Changes to the Subassembly and Building Menus

Gonna keep this short and sweet so I can get back to playing, but here is a list of things I've encountered during gameplay which could be greatly improved upon:

• Clicking on the subassembly tab with a subassembly in hand deletes the held item and undo doesn't bring it back.
  • Once on the subassembly page, clicking anywhere outside the subassembly drop zone deletes the held item and undo doesn't bring it back.
  • There should be an option to drop the subassembly onto an existing one (prompting an overwrite confirmation dialog) and/or to click on an existing subassmbly name to automatically fill the naming dialog when naming your new subassembly.
  • There should be a menu option to switch which command pod is the main one you're building with for that ship. I just ran into a scenario where I wanted to switch capsules (just unlocked the probodyne or whatever robotic unit comes first) and I had no way (without saving subassemblies and starting a new ship) to switch which unit I could build onto.

I'll add to this and bump as I come across things. Love this game, guys. Keep up the great work.

The fourth point is possible by disconnecting your current core module from everything (leave it hanging as ghosts), and then delete the core. The new core you select will still be surrounded by ghosts, allowing you to quickly reassemble the whole thing.

I personally quite like the current subassembly system as it is, although the one suggestion I am tempted to make is to request the ability to sort subassemblies into user-definied categories or folders.

Failing that, I suppose I can live with prepending categories within square brackets in the subassembly name for now i.e. [LIFTER] Magnum-K

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.