Problem with Science.

Science may well be wonderful, but doesn't appear to be working.

It seems that no matter how many science I gather I can't unlock anything, although entertaining as it was to build, launch, orbit and deorbit a rocket made from a few basic components, the novelty is wearing a bit thin. Even a mystery goo container would be nice to help Jeb relieve the tedium of orbiting the earth in a rocket less advanced than a golf cart.

Maybe it's because I'm running the Mac version - anyone else had this problem when playing on a Mac?

Did you go to the science tree and spend your science points on research to unlock the next levels?

Therein lies the problem, there is no visible means of spending the science points.....clicking on said science tree does not appear to do anything other than bring up the items that are avaiable at the next level ie goo container, decoupler etc etc but no means of unlocking them,

Does a large blue button show up on the lower-right of the screen when you click on a new tree item?

Nope, checked what you are referring to on youtube vids of the science screen, and that button doesn't show up when I click on a new tree item.

Try reinstalling your game (backup your save so you can put it back in), if that doesn't work all I can suggest beyond diving in your save/config files is try a new save.

Well I've found out what the problem was and got a workaround.

It appears that when the games swaps from full screen to windowed , the aspect ratio of the screen gets messed up somehow and the bit of the science screen containing the all important blue button disappears. I have managed to retrieve it by going messing around with the resoultion and full screen modes, but it still seems to disappear every time I window the game.

I have Science! (after a fashion)

Sounds like it's keeping the same resolution, but the problem is when you go to windowed, the button goes off the bottom of your screen (since the window is the size of your screen, but the menu and title bars need to go above it). Either switch to a lower resolution, or go back to fullscreen when you need to spend science points, I guess?

Sounds like it's keeping the same resolution, but the problem is when you go to windowed, the button goes off the bottom of your screen (since the window is the size of your screen, but the menu and title bars need to go above it). Either switch to a lower resolution, or go back to fullscreen when you need to spend science points, I guess?

Yes, but when I go back to full screen, the science screen remains cropped....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.