Kerbal mapping

Mapper

Ok guys we have a tough job to do.. The crew of Mapper has a space station in space orbiting kerbal VERY close it will take pictures and it will outline our planet..

Ok guys the thing above was just giving you an idea..

But you have to send a station up in space and take pictures of kerbal all around it and then make names for the places :D

You can get extra points if you can find the small islands in the ocean or above it >:)

1 point for Mapping kerbal

2 points for KSC finding

3 points if you can see KSC in a closeup picture

4 points if you can make a closeup pictures of the stranded islands

5 points if you can map everysingle thing on kerbal and have closeup pictures included

Goodluck out there boys!

I don\'t think image macros in general are annoying unless they\'re enormous...

(you know, like the ones in this thread)

We didn\'t start the flame war

Peeps were hatin\' on it before I left my comment

We didn\'t start the flame war

The bronies did.

Anyhoo, I\'m sure someone\'s done this already.

Lets see if anyone can resist adding K to place names on their own maps.

I don\'t think image macros in general are annoying unless they\'re enormous...

(you know, like the ones in this thread)

I don\'t think even a large one is much of a problem, unless there\'s half a dozen in response to each other.

(you know, like in this thread ;P)

I like the notion of some kind of organized naming project, where each person would get to name one and only one place in the Kerbol system. That way, the pony lovers would get to have their Mount Fluttershy, the unimaginative K lovers would get to slap a K on something, and everybody else would get to use that one really cool name they\'ve been itching to use.

Not sure how something like that could be set up, though.

Preferably as part of the in-game map. There\'s an obscure old game called Noctis that has just such a feature. You\'re out to explore a vast, procedurally generated galaxy, and you can name and write notes on any celestial body that you visit. There\'s a system in place for exchanging these notes with other players, so even though it\'s a purely single-player game, you can visit interesting places other people have discovered and read their descriptions and thoughts on them. It\'s actually quite awesome.

Mind you, the system for exchanging these notes actually consists of the game exporting these notes into a file, which people then send to the game\'s creator, who then compiles them into an update, which you then download and import into your game. I\'m thinking something a bit more 21st century would be better for KSP. A P2P system, perhaps?

Edit: In fact I think I\'ll go make a suggestion thread in Development right now, before someone steals my idea. :P

Preferably as part of the in-game map. There\'s an obscure old game called Noctis that has just such a feature. You\'re out to explore a vast, procedurally generated galaxy, and you can name and write notes on any celestial body that you visit. There\'s a system in place for exchanging these notes with other players, so even though it\'s a purely single-player game, you can visit interesting places other people have discovered and read their descriptions and thoughts on them. It\'s actually quite awesome.

Mind you, the system for exchanging these notes actually consists of the game exporting these notes into a file, which people then send to the game\'s creator, who then compiles them into an update, which you then download and import into your game. I\'m thinking something a bit more 21st century would be better for KSP. A P2P system, perhaps?

Edit: In fact I think I\'ll go make a suggestion thread in Development right now, before someone steals my idea. :P

Sooo... something along the lines of what I was proposing here: my awesome idea? :P

I am definately liking this mapping project, but i don\'t even have space for the images on this computer.

Also, when you mentioned that people could name what they found, i shivered.

Seriously i would bite nails at how this would turn out, it would be an ugly, unrelated bunch of names and i would distance myself from such a thing.

Voting for the names is much better, after a suggestion phase.

Nations also should be based on groups on the forums, instead of just made up.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I like the notion of some kind of organized naming project, where each person would get to name one and only one place in the Kerbol system. That way, the pony lovers would get to have their Mount Fluttershy, the unimaginative K lovers would get to slap a K on something, and everybody else would get to use that one really cool name they\'ve been itching to use.

Not sure how something like that could be set up, though.

I hate that idea.

I hate ponys.

I HATE K.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.