[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

I think that all current parts should be saved and not removed. The next generation of parts should be a different download.

That is part of my plan honestly. That way people can retrofit their ships and designs without having to know how to edit .craft files

The only bug I've noticed is if I pause the game with the squids on, when I unpause the wheels usually pop/explode.

I did a quick check through my old code and it doesn't seem that anything special should happen during a pause or unpause. My guess is that Unity has an issue with suddenly recalculating the forces involved. It seems you've found a solution, otherwise maybe some kind of force ramp function following a change in the physics time scale would help.

Can't wait to install airships on impacting asteroids that land them safely!

Nothing terrifying about tons of rocks from space being suspended overhead! :D

That is part of my plan honestly. That way people can retrofit their ships and designs without having to know how to edit .craft files

Good idea. People always will request to have the old parts back anyway, and you want to stay backwards compatible to not break what other people are doing.

I did a quick check through my old code and it doesn't seem that anything special should happen during a pause or unpause. My guess is that Unity has an issue with suddenly recalculating the forces involved. It seems you've found a solution, otherwise maybe some kind of force ramp function following a change in the physics time scale would help.

Nothing terrifying about tons of rocks from space being suspended overhead! :D

Good idea. People always will request to have the old parts back anyway, and you want to stay backwards compatible to not break what other people are doing.

Glad to see that you approve!

Very interesting. Not sure WHY that is the way it is but if it works then kudos. I will add them to the SQUID mod today.

Well I believe it has to do with how much force the suspensions/shock absorbers are designed to handle on the Model 1 and Model 2. At a power level of 10 the model 2 suspension is flatened to the bar. The solution is to either change the squid increments from 10 to 1, so instead of from 0 to 10, 20, 30 it goes from 0 to 1, 2, 3 for the model 2 wheels, or to beef up the suspension which is also available in the .cfg. I would do the former so the wheel behaves the same as a normal wheel when the squid is off. Or as I presently do it to simply have only one wheel squided out of several so that way the squid forced is divided amongs several wheel suspensions. The Model 1 wheel though can handle alot of compression forced, in fact the wheels pop before the suspension flattens out completely.

As for the solution to pausing: turn off the squids first, if you hot key the squids it no so bad, got a hot key for on/off all wheels, increase, decrease and pull/push for jumping.

Edited by RuBisCO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using the squid gear for a while now, and I love how they work. my only problem was that they looked exactly like the stock gear. So when the idea of squided rover wheels was introduced, and that they were BLUE I had an... Idea. :wink:

2Sp3tYe.png?3

Ca42tfe.png?2

6hnipYl.png?2

drBh6B7.png?2

EyW8vgl.png?1

I ended up altering all the stock textures on these parts to give them a unique look, and put squids on all the wheels, even the landing gear, except the model 1, RuBisCO did that. I have no idea if i'm allowed to post these or not.

Edit: the squids on the landing gear apparently don't work. ;.;

Edit2: Apparently there's some interest in these things, so here's a dropbox link. Enjoy!

Edited by stryth
i'm new at this.

I've been using the squid gear for a while now, and I love how they work. my only problem was that they looked exactly like the stock gear. So when the idea of squided rover wheels was introduced, and that they were BLUE I had an... Idea. :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/2Sp3tYe.png?3

http://i.imgur.com/Ca42tfe.png?2

http://i.imgur.com/6hnipYl.png?2

http://i.imgur.com/drBh6B7.png?2

http://i.imgur.com/EyW8vgl.png?1

I ended up altering all the stock textures on these parts to give them a unique look, and put squids on all the wheels, even the landing gear, except the model 1, RuBisCO did that. I have no idea if i'm allowed to post these or not.

Edit: the squids on the landing gear apparently don't work. ;.;

Edit2: Apparently there's some interest in these things, so here's a dropbox link. Enjoy!

Well I have to say that I am very impressed and I like the new textures you made.

Excellent stryth! I never got around to painting them all just the ones I used the most and had thrown a wobbly about accidently confusing for normal wheels, repeatedly. I think it only fair if they all weigh a little more then their stock counter-parts though.

Excellent stryth! I never got around to painting them all just the ones I used the most and had thrown a wobbly about accidently confusing for normal wheels, repeatedly. I think it only fair if they all weigh a little more then their stock counter-parts though.

If you send me your texture change I will get it added to the pack soon.

Sure, check my old YouTube videos. Here is the video on the SQUID:

I'm assuming it hasn't changed much.

There are other helpful videos as well. I moved onto a new project before doing a video for submarines, but Scott Manley and other did videos on that.

Thanks. I really hope there's a sentence or two added to the OP though, for the benefit of others. Digging through threads in the hope of finding a description of the mod the thread is about is...less than ideal.

I plan to fix that by tomorrow with some screenshot tutorials.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.