The Auguros

SYRSA

Attach some lander legs on those wing-mounted engines so you can land vertically. That\'s really the only way you could land it anyway. ;)

Surely it would need MORE RCS!!!11!!1!1! in order to prevent it smashing into the ground and high speeds from which not even lander legs will save it?

And in any case, from my experience, those wings fall off if you throw lemons at them. Let alone drop a large spacrafts on them.

Surely it would need MORE RCS!!!11!!1!1! in order to prevent it smashing into the ground and high speeds from which not even lander legs will save it?

And in any case, from my experience, those wings fall off if you throw lemons at them. Let alone drop a large spacrafts on them.

RCS? Not really. Simply point up, activate ASAS, and land using your main engines kind of like pogo-x1 style. Weak wings? Struts.

Attach some lander legs on those wing-mounted engines so you can land vertically. That\'s really the only way you could land it anyway. ;)

It\'s not supposed to be a lander, it\'s more of a cargo vessel that ships between space stations.

RCS? Not really. Simply point up, activate ASAS, and land using your main engines kind of like pogo-x1 style. Weak wings? Struts.

You mean tailsitter-VTOL. That makes sense, but is immensely difficult with most craft larger than a munar lander.

And I really mean it, those wings can\'t take any kind of strain whatsoever before breaking off.

Then mount them on those rear inner engines.

That could work. But RCS really does make landing a lot easier, especially with large craft. It leaves your engines free to stop you going in some direction too fast, while the RCS lowers you onto the Munar surface. Its how I got my Kestrel to land.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.