Decouplers taking off everything else around it

I have a question. I have a large rocket group, and if I add decouplers to it my whole outer assembly falls off when I use them! Say I have six boosters surrounding one, when I go to decouple all the rockets attached to the main booster just fall off. Why is this, and how can I prevent it? I'm getting tired of using struts to support my outer boosters...

Edited by Man Voyage

I'm guessing that either the radial decouplers are in the same stage as the linline's or you need to strut the outer oranges to the central stack on top of the inline decouplers. Not sure why they would be sheering off unless the lower tanks are helping to support them and then once that additional support is gone...... Struts really are your friend.

Check to see if your staging is in the correct order...sometimes KSPs auto stage formatting tends to screw things up. Also, a little of patience and co-operation is appreciated around here. It may be days before your problem is fully solved.

Tested your craft file. Your top radial orange tanks are not attached to the Girder like you would expect. I imagine that something went wrong with symmetry, either you attached the bottom tanks to the central tank first, or KSP decided to redo the connections.

Either way, take the outer tanks off, attach the upper tanks first, then attach the lower tanks and strut them to the central tank. You are not going to be able to use the girder for the lower stage as KSP does not allow for more than one attach point(besides the strut).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.