Eeloo should get a moon.

Pluto has moons and is debatable whether it's a moon or a planet. I believe it is a Plutoid at the moment?

Yes it is. The Debate is pretty much over. A few years ago in fact. Pluto is a Plutoid. The King of the Comets, as Neil deGrasse Tyson put it.

Can a moon have a moon? I think that would be pretty interesting :)

IIRC it is not possible for a moon to have a moon. The configuration would be unstable and the moon's moon would be ejected... soonâ„¢. :P

Edited by Awaras

IIRC it is not possible for a moon to have a moon. The configuration would be unstable and the moon's moon would be ejected... soonâ„¢. :P

True, the gravation tug between the mother planet and the Moon of that planet would eventlully change the orbit of the Moon's moon to the point it is either ejected or crashed into either object. Anyway why would Eeloo need a moon, it is a bout to become a moon itself.

If you do a quick search on if a moon can have a moon you get some news story about speculation if Rhea has a thin debris ring or a small moon. I would love for Eeloo to get a moon and be a moon. I thought Pluto was changed to a binary system? Pluto-Charon or something. With Charon being a a large fraction of the systems mass the barycenter is above the surface of Pluto. That"s What they think anyway.

How about a binary planet system then :P

In such a thing, a ship ought to be able to be set in orbit around their common barycentre. However below an orbit altitude things would get... interesting.

How about a binary planet system then :P

In such a thing, a ship ought to be able to be set in orbit around their common barycentre. However below an orbit altitude things would get... interesting.

KSP doesn't support it, but it would be very interesting.