Part Reliability and breakage

I was coming up with some cool ideas, like in real life rockets, you never know if the parts you throw onto the rockets are going to work or not. Such as a fuel line getting a leak, a engine failing to fire, or even scientific tools breaking on use. I was thinking it would be very cool for such parts to have a small chance of breaking. This not only adds some difficulty but it could then further lead into more uses for EVA and even system checks before launch.

The second idea is similar to the first one, but changed a bit. The more you fire engines the more "wear and tare" the engines will get, maybe firing those engines will have an invisible "durability" bar that the engines MIGHT cease to fire at, the longer they fire after the bar goes down, the more likely they are to break down. Perhaps certain supplies might be needed to repair these engines, spare parts, fuses, repairing fuel lines, etc etc. That you will need to plan ahead for. Like i said, this should not happen every flight, but more of a rarity that happens some times. Well enough equipped and this could prove just to be a minor set back, if not, it could spell catastrophe for your flight. It would even be added so that the PARACHUTES sometimes not even open.

I would love some feedback and ideas.

Cheers, Jhon.