What's your favorite OS?

JupiterII

What's your fav OS?  

1,582 members have voted

1. 1. What's your fav OS?

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I always hear that people have problems with windows. I never had any real problems other than my computer might have frozen like 10 times over the last 10 years. Well I don\'t remember much from my 98 computer so I can\'t say so for sure, but with 7 no big problems.

Its usually random computers that get lots of problems. My current laptop breaks down every 3 months or so. The computer I am on now never breaks down (unless you cound me pushing it to its limit by running skyrim on it, even though it only has 1 gb of ram).

MS-DOS all the way 8)

My dad still has a laptop with MS-DOS.

Windows by far. I\'ve tried Mac, hated it. Hated it to a tee. Not because of the people, but because with Windows there\'s more...more to do with. I build computers, so its easier with Windows.

People who build computers always hate macs bc there used to everything a windows has, macs arent for ppl like you

Guest GroundHOG-2010

People who build computers always hate macs bc there used to everything a windows has, macs arent for ppl like you

My sisters boyfriend builds computers, and likes both mac and pc.

windows 98 :)

no, but windows xp was great. Especially because Media Center edition came with windows dancer, the most pointless animaded gif of someone dancing with transparency that you could possibly get. Waste of space? yes. The fact that Microsoft even tried to hide it within a series of about 6 folders on the start menu? hilarious.

I am honestly surprised this hasn\'t started a Win Vs. Mac fight. One that got the thread shut down that is. I like my windows computers. Mine has done some weird stuff though. Right click the Firefox shortcut in the toolbar, click 'Open new window' and it takes you to the System32 folder. I plugged in the mouse a week ago and it bluescreened.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I loved the start-up sound for 98.

Same, I still have 98 for those pre NT programs. I still have to put in DOS as well, still have a laptop with it running.

Hello I\'m a Mac ;-)

Long time programmer, switched from windows to linux at the beginning of university. Then got fed up with how much time you had to spend to just get things to work. Bought a Mac when they ditched the PPC architecture and never looked back.

Still own some Win boxes though, mostly for my wife to play games on ;)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Hello I\'m a Mac ;-)

Long time programmer, switched from windows to linux at the beginning of university. Then got fed up with how much time you had to spend to just get things to work. Bought a Mac when they ditched the PPC architecture and never looked back.

Still own some Win boxes though, mostly for my wife to play games on ;)

Hello monkey who is a Mac. They are good, Macs. The only problem I have with them is that lack of customisabliliy, and the fact that every idiot at my school decides to put the background to some thing stupid. Other than that, I don\'t like Objective C but it runs C++, flash and other stuff so its good.

Hello monkey who is a Mac. They are good, Macs. The only problem I have with them is that lack of customisabliliy, and the fact that every idiot at my school decides to put the background to some thing stupid. Other than that, I don\'t like Objective C but it runs C++, flash and other stuff so its good.

I\'ve recently switched to Obj-C as my primary means of earning a living :) It\'s not that great, but boy, the Cocoa Framework is awesome!

Let\'s think of Macs as boxes of lovely, shiny metal with all of their parts covered looking nice and tidy...

Now think of windows as exactly the same, but made of black plastic, fans and a hatch on the case with a sign attached saying 'Be careful not to destroy the inner workings of the operating system!'

Let\'s think of Macs as boxes of lovely, shiny metal with all of their parts covered looking nice and tidy...

Now think of windows as exactly the same, but made of black plastic, fans and a hatch on the case with a sign attached saying 'Be careful not to destroy the inner workings of the operating system!'

Windows machines can get you double the performance for half the price, though - with none of the software limitations of Mac computers (although those are slowly disappearing).

Lifelong Windows user, but I\'ve dabbled in Linux - notably using the Puppy OS for recovering files from dying computers - notably my old Laptop of Death, which overheated badly and somehow managed to break Vista so badly that we had to boot Puppy from a USB drive, hahah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.